Section 23 in The National Investigation Agency Act, 2008
Title: Power of High Courts to make rules.
The High Court may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make such rules, as it may deem necessary for carrying out the provisions of this Act relating to Special Courts within its territory.
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette make such provisions, not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, as may appear to it to be necessary or expedient for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no order shall be made, under this section after the expiration of two years from the commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament. 25. Power to make
Title: Power to make rules
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for carrying out the provisions of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality to the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:—
(a) the manner of constitution of the Agency and the conditions of service of persons employed in the Agency under section 5;
(b) any other matter which is required to be, or may be, prescribed.
Title: Laying of rules
Every rule made by the Central Government under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agrees in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.
Title: Short title and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the Jawaharlal Institute of Post-Graduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry Act, 2008.
(2) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
1 14th July, 2008, vide notification No. S.O. 1672(E), dated 14th July, 2008, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).