Section 7 in The National Investigation Agency Act, 2008
Title: Power to transfer investigation to State Government
While investigating any offence under this Act, the Agency, having regard to the gravity of the offence and other relevant factors, may—
(a) if it is expedient to do so, request the State Government to associate itself with the investigation; or
(b) with the previous approval of the Central Government, transfer the case to the State Government for investigation and trial of the offence.
Title: Power to investigate connected offences
While investigating any Scheduled Offence, the Agency may also investigate any other offence which the accused is alleged to have committed if the offence is connected with the Scheduled Offence.
Title: State Government to extend assistance to National Investigation Agency
The State Government shall extend all assistance and co-operation to the Agency for investigation of the Scheduled Offences.
Title: Power of State Government to investigate Scheduled Offences
Save as otherwise provided in this Act, nothing contained in this Act shall affect the powers of the State Government to investigate and prosecute any Scheduled Offence or other offences under any law for the time being in force.
Title: Power of Central Government to designate Court of Session as Special Courts
11. Power of Central Government to 1[designate Court of Session as] Special Courts.-- (1) 2[The Central Government shall, in consultation with the Chief Justice of the High Court, by notification in the Official Gazette, for the trial of Scheduled Offences, designate one or more Courts of Session as Special Court] for such area or areas, or for such case or class or group of cases, as may be specified in the notification.
3[Explanation.-- For the purposes of this sub-section, the expression "High Court" means the High Court of the State in which a Court of Session to be designated as Special Court is functioning.]
(2) Where any question arises as to the jurisdiction of any Special Court, it shall be referred to the Central Government whose decision in the matter shall be final.
4* * * * *
(8) For the removal of doubts, it is hereby provided that the attainment, 5[by the Sessions Judge of the Court of Session referred to in sub-section (1)], of the age of superannuation under the rules applicable to him in the service to which he belongs shall not affect his continuance as 6[ judge of the Special Court and the appointing authority in consultation with the Central Government] may by order direct that he shall continue as judge until a specified date or until completion of the trial of the case or cases before him 7[,whichever is earlier].
8[(9) When more than one Special Court is designated for an area or areas, the senior-most Judge shall distribute the business among them.]
1. Subs. by s. 6, ibid., for "constitute" (w.e.f. 2-8-2019).
2. Subs. by s. 6, ibid., for "The Central Government shall, by notification in the Official Gazette, for the trial of Scheduled Offences, constitute one or more Special Courts" (w.e.f. 2-8-2019).
3. Ins. by s. 6, ibid. (w.e.f. 2-8-2019).
4. Sub-section (3), (4), (5), (6) and (7) omitted by s. 6, ibid. (w.e.f. 2-8-2019).
5. Subs. by s. 6, ibid., for "by a person appointed as a Judge or an additional Judge of a Special Court" (w.e.f. 2-8-2019).
6. Subs. by s. 6, ibid., for "such judge or additional judge and the Central Government" (w.e.f. 2-8-2019).
7. Subs. by s. 6, ibid., for "as may be specified in that order" (w.e.f. 2-8-2019).
8. Subs. by Act 16 of 2019, s. 6, for sub-section (9) (w.e.f. 2-8-2019).