Section 17 in The Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008
Title: Change of name of limited liability partnership
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in sections 15 and 16, where the Central Government is satisfied that a limited liability partnership has been registered (whether through inadvertence or otherwise and whether originally or by a change of name) under a name which—
(a) is a name referred to in sub-section (2) of section 15; or
(b) is identical with or too nearly resembles the name of any other limited liability partnership or body corporate or other name as to be likely to be mistaken for it,
the Central Government may direct such limited liability partnership to change its name, and the limited liability partnership shall comply with the said direction within three months after the date of the direction or such longer period as the Central Government may allow.
(2) Any limited liability partnership which fails to comply with a direction given under sub-section (1) shall be punishable with fine which shall not be less than ten thousand rupees but which may extend to five lakh rupees and the designated partner of such limited liability partnership shall be punishable with fine which shall not be less than ten thousand rupees but which may extend to one lakh rupees.
Title: Application for direction to change name in certain circumstances
(1) Any entity which already has a name similar to the name of a limited liability partnership which has been incorporated subsequently, may apply, in such manner as may be prescribed, to the Registrar to give a direction to any limited liability partnership, on a ground referred to in section 17 to change its name.
(2) The Registrar shall not consider any application under sub-section (1) to give a direction to a limited liability partnership on the ground referred to in clause (b) of sub-section (1) of section 17 unless the Registrar receives the application within twenty-four months from the date of registration of the limited liability partnership under that name.
Title: Change of registered name
Any limited liability partnership may change its name registered with the Registrar by filing with him a notice of such change in such form and manner and on payment of such fees as may be prescribed.
Title: Penalty for improper use of words "limited liability partnership" or "LLP
If any person or persons carry on business under any name or title of which the words "Limited Liability Partnership" or "LLP" or any contraction or imitation thereof is or are the last word or words, that person or each of those persons shall, unless duly incorporated as limited liability partnership, be punishable with fine which shall not be less than fifty thousand rupees but which may extend to five lakh rupees.
Title: Publication of name and limited liability
(1) Every limited liability partnership shall ensure that its invoices, official correspondence and publications bear the following, namely:--
(a) the name, address of its registered office and registration number of the limited liability partnership; and
(b) a statement that it is registered with limited liability.
(2) Any limited liability partnership which contravenes the provisions of sub-section (1) shall be punishable with fine which shall not be less than two thousand rupees but which may extend to twenty-five thousand rupees.