Section 33 in The Prevention and Control of Infectious and Contagious Diseases in Animals Act, 2009
Title: Penalty for placing infected animal or carcass in river, etc.
Whoever places or causes or permits to be placed in any river, lake, canal or any other water body, the carcass or any part of the carcass of any animal which at the time of its death was known to be infected, shall be guilty of an offence and, on conviction, be punished, in the case of a first offence with fine of two thousand rupees or with imprisonment of one month in case of non-payment of fine and in the case of subsequent conviction with a fine of five thousand rupees or imprisonment for a term which may extend to three months or with both.
Title: Offences by companies
(1) Where an offence under this Act has been committed by a company, every person who at the time the offence was committed was in charge of, and was responsible to, the company for the conduct of the business of the company, as well as the company, shall be deemed to be guilty of the offence and shall be liable to be proceeded and punished accordingly:
Provided that nothing contained in this sub-section shall render such person liable to any punishment provided in this Act, if he proves that the offence was committed without his knowledge or that he had exercised all due diligence to prevent the commission of such offence.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), where an offence under this Act has been committed by a company and it is proved that the offence has been committed with the consent or connivance of, or is attributable to any neglect on the part of, any director, manager, secretary or other officer of the company, such director, manager, secretary or other officer shall also be deemed to be guilty of that offence and shall be liable to be proceeded against and punished accordingly.
Explanation.--For the purposes of this section,--
(a) "company" means any body corporate and includes a co-operative society registered or deemed to be registered under any law for the time being in force, a firm or other association of individuals; and
(b) "director", in relation to a firm, means a partner in the firm.
Title: Prevention of escape of causative organism
(1) In every institution, laboratory or clinic, engaged in the manufacture, testing or research, related to vaccines, sera, diagnostics or chemotherapeutic drugs and aimed at the prevention or treatment of any scheduled disease, adequate precautionary measures shall be taken—
(a) to ensure that the causative organism of any scheduled disease does not escape or otherwise get released;
(b) to guard against any such escape or release; and
(c) to warn and to protect everyone concerned in the event of any escape.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force, every animal—
(a) used for the manufacture, testing or research as referred to sub-section (1), or
(b) which is likely to carry or transmit any scheduled disease,
shall be promptly administered euthanasia and disposed of by the person in charge of or having control of the institution, laboratory or clinic, as the case may be, referred to in that sub-section.
(3) Every person who is in charge of or having control of an institution, laboratory or clinic referred to in sub-section (1) comply with the provisions of sub-section (1) and sub-section (2); and in the event of non-compliance he shall be guilty of an offence punishable with fine which may extend to twenty thousand rupees or imprisonment for a term which may extend to six months or with both, and in case the establishment is in commercial manufacturing of vaccines or medicine, a temporary suspension of licence up to a period of one year may also be imposed.
Title: Power to delegate
The State Government may, by notification, delegate to any officer or authority subordinate to it, all or any of the powers conferred on it by or under this Act, except the powers to make rules under sub-section (2) of section 42.
Title: Officers and authorities to function subject to Government control
All officers and authorities under this Act shall exercise their powers and discharge their duties conferred or imposed on them by or under this Act, in accordance with such orders, not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, as the Central Government or the State Government may, from time to time, make.