Section 14 in The Prevention and Control of Infectious and Contagious Diseases in Animals Act, 2009
Title: Check Posts and Quarantine Camps
(1) The Director may establish as many Quarantine Camps and Check Posts within the State as may be required—
(a) for the detention of animals suffering from any scheduled disease or of animals which have come into contact with or have been kept in the proximity of any such infected animal;
(b) for ensuring the prevention of entry into or exit from any controlled area or infected area or free area, of any animal belonging to the species of animals in respect of which a notification, issued under sub-section (1) of section 6, or an order issued under sub-section (2) of section 7, is in force.
(2) Any animal which is required to be detained, inspected, vaccinated, or marked, may be kept in the Quarantine Camp for such period as the Competent Officer may direct.
(3) Every animal detained at a Quarantine Camp shall be under the custody of the person in charge of the camp, and shall be vaccinated and marked.
(4) The officer in charge of the Quarantine Camp shall, at the time of release of an animal from the station, grant a permit, in such form as may be prescribed by the State Government, to the person taking charge of the animal, and every such person shall be bound to produce the permit whenever required to do so by any Competent Officer.
Title: Inspection and detention of animals at Check Posts and Quarantine Camps.
(1) Every person in charge of any Check Post or Quarantine Camp shall inspect any animal stopped at the Check Post, or detained therein or at the Quarantine Camp.
(2) The manner of inspection and the period of detention of the animal at the Check Post or at the Quarantine Camp for the purpose of inspection or for the administration of compulsory vaccination, the marking of animals and the form and manner in which permit for entry in respect of any animal may be issued, shall be such as may be prescribed by the State Government
Title: Entry and exit of vaccinated animals into controlled and free areas
Notwithstanding anything contained in section 10, an animal belonging to the species of animals in respect of which an area has been declared as a controlled or free area in relation to any scheduled disease, which has been duly vaccinated against that disease, shall be allowed to enter into or be taken out of the controlled area or free area, or to be taken out of any other place on the production of a certificate to the effect that vaccine against that disease has been administered and a period of not less than twenty-one days has elapsed thereafter.
Title: Appointment of Competent Officers
The State Government may, for the proper implementation of the provisions of this Act, by notification, authorise any person to exercise any power or discharge any duty as a Competent Officer, under this Act, who shall exercise such powers and such duties within the local limits of his jurisdiction as may be specified in the notification.
Title: Cleaning and disinfection of carriers
(1) Every common carrier whether a vessel or vehicle shall be cleaned and disinfected immediately before and after the transportation of any animal in that vessel or vehicle, and so also any other place where the animal has been kept in transit.
(2) Where any area has been declared as a controlled area or free area in respect of any scheduled disease affecting any species of animal, the Director may, by an order duly published in the Official Gazette and in a local newspaper in the vernacular language, direct the owner of every vehicle in which any animal belonging to that species is carried, to have the vehicle properly cleaned and disinfected.