Section 11 in The Prevention and Control of Infectious and Contagious Diseases in Animals Act, 2009
Title: Precautionary measures in relation to controlled areas.
No person shall take out of the controlled area—
(a) any animal, alive or dead, which is infected with, or reasonably suspected to have been infected with, any scheduled disease notified under sub-section (1) of section 6;
(b) any kind of fodder, bedding or other material which has come into contact with any animal infected with such disease or could, in any manner, carry the infection of the notified disease; or
(c) the carcass, skin or any other part or product of such animal.
Title: Prohibition of markets, fairs, exhibition, etc., in the controlled areas
No person, organisation or institution shall hold any animal market, animal fair, animal exhibition and carry on any other activity which involves grouping or gathering of any species of animals within a controlled area:
Provided that the Competent Officer may, suo motu or on application made to him in this behalf, relax the prohibition in relation to any species of animals, in a case where animals belonging to that species are not susceptible to the scheduled disease and are incapable of carrying it, if he is satisfied that in the public interest it is necessary to accord such relaxation.
Title: Prohibition of bringing of infected animals into market and other places.
No person shall bring or attempt to bring into market, fair, exhibition or other congregation of animals or to any public place, any animal which is known to be infected with a scheduled disease.
Title: Check Posts and Quarantine Camps
(1) The Director may establish as many Quarantine Camps and Check Posts within the State as may be required—
(a) for the detention of animals suffering from any scheduled disease or of animals which have come into contact with or have been kept in the proximity of any such infected animal;
(b) for ensuring the prevention of entry into or exit from any controlled area or infected area or free area, of any animal belonging to the species of animals in respect of which a notification, issued under sub-section (1) of section 6, or an order issued under sub-section (2) of section 7, is in force.
(2) Any animal which is required to be detained, inspected, vaccinated, or marked, may be kept in the Quarantine Camp for such period as the Competent Officer may direct.
(3) Every animal detained at a Quarantine Camp shall be under the custody of the person in charge of the camp, and shall be vaccinated and marked.
(4) The officer in charge of the Quarantine Camp shall, at the time of release of an animal from the station, grant a permit, in such form as may be prescribed by the State Government, to the person taking charge of the animal, and every such person shall be bound to produce the permit whenever required to do so by any Competent Officer.
Title: Inspection and detention of animals at Check Posts and Quarantine Camps.
(1) Every person in charge of any Check Post or Quarantine Camp shall inspect any animal stopped at the Check Post, or detained therein or at the Quarantine Camp.
(2) The manner of inspection and the period of detention of the animal at the Check Post or at the Quarantine Camp for the purpose of inspection or for the administration of compulsory vaccination, the marking of animals and the form and manner in which permit for entry in respect of any animal may be issued, shall be such as may be prescribed by the State Government