Section 24 in The National Jute Board Act, 2008
Title: Power to remove difficulties.
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order, published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act as may appear to be necessary for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no such order shall be made after the expiry of a period of two years from the commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under sub-section (1) shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament.
Title: Amendment of Act 28 of 1983
In the Jute Manufactures Cess Act, 1983,--
(a) in section 3,--
(i) in sub-section (1), for the words and figures "the Jute Manufactures Development Council Act, 1983", the words and figures "the National Jute Board Act, 2008 (12 of 2009)" shall be substituted;
(ii) in sub-section (2), the words "and Salt" shall be omitted;
(iii) in sub-section (4), the words "and Salt" shall be omitted;
(b) in section 4, for the words, brackets and figures "the Jute Manufactures Development Council, from time to time, from out of such proceeds (after deducting the cost of collection which shall not exceed four per cent. of such proceeds) such sums of money as it may think fit for being utilised for the purposes of the Jute Manufactures Development Council Act, 1983 (27 of 1983), the words, brackets and figures "the National Jute Board from time to time, from out of such proceeds (after deducting the cost of collection which shall not exceed four per cent. of such proceeds) such sums of money as it may think fit for being utilised for the purposes of the National Jute Board Act, 2008 (28 of 1983), shall be substituted.
Title: Repeal and savings
(1) On and from the appointed day, the Jute Manufactures Development Council Act, 1983 (27 of 1983) shall stand repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken or purported to have been done or taken under the Act so repealed shall, in so far as it is not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of this Act.
Title: Short title, extent and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the Collection of Statistics Act, 2008.
1[(2) It extends to the whole of India:
(3) It shall come into force on such date3 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
1. Subs. by Act 21 of 2017, s. 2 ( w.e.f. 3-10-2017)
2.The proviso omitted by the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganization (Adaptation of Central Laws) Order, 2020, vide notification No. S.O. 1123(E) dated (18-3-2020) and vide Union Territory of Ladakh Reorganisation (Adaptation of Central Laws) Order, 2020, Notification No. S.O. 3774(E), dated (23-10-2020).
3. 11th June, 2010, vide notification No. S.O. 1416(E), dated 9th June, 2010, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,--
(a) "agency" includes a person or persons engaged by the appropriate Government, directly or by outsourcing, for collection of statistics;
(b) "appropriate Government" means—
(i) any Ministry or Department in the Central Government; or
(ii) any Ministry or Department in a State Government or Union territory Administration; or
(iii) any local government that is to say, Panchayats or Municipalities, as the case may be, in relation to the collection of statistics under a direction issued by it under section 3;
(c) informant means any person, who supplies or is required to supply statistical information and includes a owner or occupier or person in-charge or his authorised representative in respect of persons or a firm registered under the Indian Partnership Act, 1932 (9 of 1932) or a co-operative society registered under any Co-operative Societies Act or a company registered under the Companies Act, 1956 (1 of 1956) or a society registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 (21 of 1860) or any association recognised or registered under any law for the time being in force;
(d) "information schedule" means any book, document, form, card, tape, disc or any storage media on which information required is entered or recorded or is required to be entered or recorded for statistical purposes under this Act;
1[(da) "nodal officer" means the officer designated as a nodal officer under sub-section (1) ofsection 3A;].
(e) "prescribed" means prescribed by rules made under this Act;
(f) "sampling" means a statistical procedure by which information relating to a particular field of inquiry is derived by applying statistical techniques to information obtained in respect of a proportion of the total number of persons or units concerned relevant to the field of inquiry;
(g) "statistical" survey means a census or a survey, whereby information is collected from all the informants in the field of inquiry or from a sample thereof, by an appropriate Government under this Act or any other relevant Act, wholly or primarily for the purposes of processing and summarising by appropriate statistical procedures;
(h) "statistics" means statistics derived by collecting, classifying and using statistics, specially in or for large quantities or numbers by appropriate Government from statistical surveys, administrative and registration records, and other forms and papers, the statistical analysis of which are, whether in a published or unpublished form;
(i) "statistics officer" means any officer appointed under section 4 for the purposes of any direction issued under section 3 of this Act.
1. Ins. by Act 21 of 2017, s. 3 (w.e.f. 3-10-2017).