Section 23 in The South Asian University Act, 2008
Title: Power to give retrospective effect to Statutes and Regulations
The power to make Statutes or Regulations shall include the power to give retrospective effect, from a date not earlier than the date of commencement of this Act, to the Statutes or Regulations or any of them but no retrospective effect shall be given to any Statute or Regulation so as to prejudicially affect the interests of any person to whom such Statute or Regulation may be applicable.
Title: Annual report
(1) The annual report of the University shall be prepared under the direction of the Governing Board and shall be considered by the University at its annual meeting. The annual report of the University shall also be presented to the session of the Council of Ministers of the SAARC.
(2) The annual report of the University shall be circulated to all the SAARC Member States through the SAARC Secretariat.
Title: Audit of accounts
(1) The accounts of the University shall, once at least in every year and at intervals of not more than fifteen months, be audited by any person or firm authorised by the Governing Board.
(2) The accounts of the University shall be audited, as per existing norms as laid down by the SAARC.
(3) The accounts, when audited shall be published, and a copy of the accounts together with the audited report shall be submitted to the Secretary-General of the SAARC.
Title: Conditions of service of employees
(1) Every employee of the University shall be appointed under a written contract, which shall be lodged with the University and a copy of which shall be furnished to the employee concerned.
(2) Any dispute arising out of the contract between the University and any employee shall be referred to the Tribunal for Arbitration constituted for that purpose.
(3) The decision of the Tribunal shall be final and no suit shall lie in any court in respect of the matters decided by the Tribunal.
(4) The procedure for regulating the work of the Tribunal under sub-section (2) shall be prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: Procedure of arbitration in disciplinary cases against students
Any dispute arising out of any disciplinary action taken by the University against a student shall, at the request of such student, be referred to a Tribunal for Arbitration and the provisions of sub-sections (2), (3) and (4) of section 26 shall, as far as may be, apply to the reference made under this section.