Section 11 in The South Asian University Act, 2008
Title: Officers of University
(1) There shall be a President of the University, and such other officers appointed in such manner as may be prescribed, who shall exercise such powers and functions as may be prescribed.
(2) The President shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the University.
Title: President and its powers
(1) The President shall be appointed by the Governing Board in such manner as may be prescribed by the Statutes:
Provided that until the President is appointed, the Chief Executive Officer of the Project Office shall exercise the powers of the President and function as Chief Executive Officer of the University.
(2) The President shall, as the Chief Executive Officer, exercise general supervision and control over the affairs of the University and shall be responsible for implementing the objectives of the University and fulfilling the policy directives of the Governing Board.
(3) The President may, if he is of the opinion that immediate action is necessary on any matter, exercise any power conferred on any authority of the University by or under this Act and shall report to such authority at its next meeting the action taken by him on such matter:
Provided that such exercise of power shall be made only in emergent situations and in no case in respect of creation and upgradation of posts, and appointments thereto:
Provided further that if the authority concerned is of the opinion that such action ought not to have been taken, it may refer the matter to the Governing Board whose decision thereon shall be final.
(4) The President, if he is of the opinion that any decision of any authority of the University is beyond the powers of the authority conferred by the provisions of this Act and the Statutes or that any decision taken is not in the interest of the University, may ask the authority concerned to review its decision within sixty days of such decision and if the authority refuses to review the decision either in whole or in part or no decision is taken by it within the said period of sixty days, the matter shall be referred to the Governing Board whose decision thereon shall be final.
(5) The President or any officer of the University, authorised by him in this behalf, shall have the power to enter into agreements, sign documents and authenticate records on behalf of the University.
(6) The President shall exercise such other powers as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: Other officers
The manner of appointment and powers and duties of other officers of the University shall be such as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: Privileges and immunities of President and academic staff
The University, the President and the members of the academic staff and, where applicable, their dependents or members of the family, shall enjoy such privileges and immunities as the Central Government may notify under section 3 of the United Nations (Privileges and Immunities) Act, 1947 (46 of 1947).
Title: Authorities of University
The following shall be the authorities of the University—
(a) the Executive Council,
(b) the Academic Council, and
(c) such other authorities as may be declared by the Governing Board in the Statutes to be the authorities of the University.