Section 215D in Motor Vehicles Act
Title: Power of State Government to make rules
1[215D. Power of State Government to make rules.-- (1) The State Government may make rules for the purposes of carrying into effect, the provisions of this Chapter, other than the matters specified in section 215C.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for--
(a) the use of electronic forms and means for the filing of documents, issue or grant of licence, permit, sanction, approval or endorsements and the receipt or payment of money as referred to in section 211A;
(b) the duties and functions of the officers of the Motor Vehicle Department, the powers to be exercised by such officers (including the powers exercisable by police officers under this Act) and the conditions governing the exercise of such powers, the uniform to be worn by them, the authorities to which they shall be subordinate as referred to in sub-section (3) of section 213;
(c) such other powers as may be exercised by officers of the Motor Vehicles Department as referred to in clause (f) of sub-section (5) of section 213; and
(d) any other matter which is to be, or may be, prescribed, or in respect of which provision is to be made by rules by the State Government.]
1. Ins. by Act 32 of 2019, s. 92 (w.e.f. 1-9-2019).
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions, not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act as appear to it to be necessary or expedient for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no such order shall be made after the expiry of a period of three years from the date of commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall, as soon as may be after it is made, be laid before each House of Parliament.
Title: Repeal and savings
1) The Motor Vehicles Act, 1939 (4 of 1939) and any law corresponding to that Act in force in any State immediately before the commencement of this Act in that State (hereafter in this section referred to as the repealed enactments) are hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding the repeal by sub-section (1) of the repealed enactments,--
(a) any notification, rule, regulation, order or notice issued, or any appointment or declaration made, or exemption granted, or any confiscation made, or any penalty or fine imposed, any forfeiture, cancellation or any other thing done, or any other action taken under the repealed enactments, and in force immediately before such commencement shall, so far as it is not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, be deemed to have been issued, made, granted, done or taken under the corresponding provision of this Act;
(b) any certificate of fitness or registration or licence or permit issued or granted under the repealed enactments shall continue to have effect after such commencement under the same conditions and for the same period as if this Act had not been passed;
(c) any document referring to any of the repealed enactments or the provisions thereof, shall be construed as referring to this Act or to the corresponding provision of this Act;
(d) the assignment of distinguishing marks by the registering authority and the manner of display on motor vehicles in accordance with the provision of the repealed enactments shall, after the commencement of this Act, continue to remain in force until a notification under sub-section (6) of section 41 of this Act is issued;
(e) any scheme made under section 68C of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1939 (4 of 1939) or under the corresponding law, if any, in force in any State and pending immediately before the commencement of this Act shall be disposed of in accordance with the provisions of section 100 of this Act;
(f) the permits issued under sub-section (1A) of section 68F of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1939 (4 of 1939), or under the corresponding provision, if any, in force in any State immediately before the commencement of this Act shall continue to remain in force until the approved scheme under Chapter VI of this Act is published.
(3) Any penalty payable under any of the repealed enactments may be recovered in the manner provided by or under this Act, but without prejudice to any action already taken for the recovery of such penalty under the repealed enactments.
(4) The mention of particular matters in this section shall not be held to prejudice or affect the general application of section 6 of the General Clauses Act, 1897 (10 of 1897), with regard to the effect of repeals
Title: Renewal of permits driving licences and registration granted under the Motor Vehicles Act 1939
1 [217A. Renewal of permits, driving licences and registration granted under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1939.--Notwithstanding the repeal by sub-section (1) of section 217 of the enactments referred to in that sub-section, any certificate of fitness or registration or licence or permit issued or granted under the said enactments may be renewed under this Act.]
1 Ins. by Act 27 of 2000, s. 5 (w.e.f. 11-8-2000).
Title: Short title
This Act may be called the Citizenship Act, 1955.