Section 52 in The Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010
Title: Application of other laws not barred
The provisions of this Act shall be in addition to, and not in derogation of, the provisions of any other law for the time being in force.
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order, published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act as may appear to be necessary for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no order shall be made under this section after the expiry of two years from the commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament.
Title: Repeal and saving
(1) The Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 1976 (49 of 1976) (hereafter referred to as the repealed Act) is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal,—
(a) anything done or any action taken or purported to have been done or taken under the repealed Act shall, in so far as it is not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of this Act;
(b) any organisation of a political nature, not being a political party, to whom the prior permission was granted under section 5 of the repealed Act, shall continue to be the organisation of a political nature, not being a political party, under clause (f) of sub-section (1) of section 3 of this Act, till such permission is withdrawn by the Central Government;
(c) permission to accept foreign hospitality granted under section 9 of the repealed Act shall be deemed to be the permission granted under section 6 of this Act until such permission is withdrawn by the Central Government;
(d) any association prohibited from accepting any foreign contribution under clause (a) of section 10 of the repealed Act, in so far as it is not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, shall be deemed to be an association prohibited from accepting any foreign contribution under section 9 of this Act;
(e) permission obtained under clause (b) of section 10 of the repealed Act shall, in so far as it is not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, be deemed to be the permission until such permission is withdrawn by the Central Government;
(f) any order issued under section 12 of the repealed Act shall be deemed to be an order issued under section 10 of this Act;
(g) any order issued under section 31 of the repealed Act exempting any association or any individual shall be deemed to be an order under section 50 of this Act till such order is varied or revoked.
(3) Save as provided in sub-section (2), mention of particular matters in that sub-section shall not be held to prejudice or affect the general application of section 6 of the General Clauses Act, 1897 (10 of 1897), with regard to the effect of repeal.
Title: Short title.
This Act may be called the Transfer of Property Act, 1882.
Commencements.-- It shall come into force on the first day of July, 1882.
Extent.-- 1[It extends 2in the first instance to the whole of India. except 3[the territories which, immediately before the 1st November, 1956, were comprised in Part B States or in the States of], Bombay, Punjab and Delhi.]
4[But this Act or any part thereof may by 5notification in the Official Gazette be extended to the whole or any part of 6[the said territories] by the State Government concerned.
7[And any State Government may, 8*** from time to time, by notification in the Official Gazette, exempt, either retrospectively or prospectively, any part of the territories administered by such State Government from all or any of the following provisions, namely:--
Sections 54, paragraphs 2 and 3, 59, 107 and 123.
9[Notwithstanding anything in the foregoing part of this section, sections 54, paragraphs 2 and 3, 59, 107 and 123 shall not extend or be extended to any district or tract of country for the time being excluded from the operation of the Indian Registration Act, 10[1908 (16 of 1908)], under the power conferred by the first section of that Act or otherwise.]
1. Subs. by the A.O. 1950, for the third paragraph.
2. The application of this Act was barred in the Naga Hills District, including the Mokokchung Sub -division, the Dibrugarh Frontier Tract, the North Cachar Hills, the Garo Hills, the Khasi and Jantia Hills and the Mikir hills Tract, by notification under s. 2 of the Assant Frontier Tracts Regulation, 1880 (2 of 1880).
Partially extended to Berar by Act 4 of 1941. Extended to Manipur by Act 68 of 1956; to Dadra and Nagar Haveli by Reg. 6 of 1963, s. 2 and Sch. I; to Goa, Daman and Diu by Reg. 11 of 1963, s. 3 and Sch.; to Lakshadweep by Reg. 8 of 1965, s. 3 and Sch., to Pondicherry by Act 26 of 1968, s. 3 and Sch.
It has been amended to Bombay by Bombay Act 14 of 1939, S7 of 1959, in U.P. by U.P. Act 24 of 1954, 14 of 1970 and 57 of 1976.
Extended to the Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Union territory of Ladakh by Act 34 of 2019, s. 95 and the Fifth Schedule (w.e.f. 31-10-2019).
3. Subs. by the Adaptation of Laws (No. 2) Order, 1956, for "Part B States".
4. Subs. by the A.O. 1937, for the original paragraph.
5. The Act has been extended to
The Presidency of Bombay (except Scheduled Districts) w.e.f. 1-1-1893; to Mehwassi Estate by Born. Reg. 1 of 1949; and to former princely area w.e.f. 1-4-1951; now applicable to whole of Maharashtra;
Gujarat (Saurashtra area) by Saurashtra Ordinance 25 of 1949, and to Kutch area w.e.f. 1-1-1950.
Mysore, w.e.f. 1-4-1951;
Rajasthan, w.e.f. 1-7-1952;
the former State of Travancore-Cochin, w.e.f. 1-5-1952, now applicable to whole of Kerala.
The provisions o( sections 54, 107 and 123 were extended to—
Delhi, w.e.f. 30-5-1939. Section 129 was extended to certain areas of Delhi w.e.f. 16-11-1940 and to the remaining areas w.e.f. 1-12-1962. the remaining provisions were also extended to the Union territory of Delhi w.e.f. 1-12-1962;
Himachal Pradesh, w.e.f. 7-12-1970:
Punjab, w.e.f. 1-4-1955 and to former princely area w.e.f. 15-5-1957. (Section 59 was enforced in Haryana area, w.e.f. 5-8-1967).
The Act has been declared in force in the Pargana of Manpur by the Manpur Law Regulation, 1926 (2 of 1926), in Panth Piploda by the Panth Piploda Laws Regulation, 1929 (1 of 1929) and in the State of Sikkim on 1.9.1984 vide Notification No. S.O. 643(E), dated 24-8-1984, Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Pt. II, sec. 3(0.
The Act has been repealed as to Government Grants by the Government Grants Act, 1895 (15 of 1895). The Act has been repealed or modified to the extent necessary to give effect to the provisions of Madras Act 3 of 1922, in the City of Madras see s. 13 of Madras Act 3 of 1922.
6. Subs. by the Adaptation of Laws (No. 2) Order, 1956, for "the said States".
7. Subs. by Act 3 of 1885, s. 1, for the original paragraph.
8. The words "with the previous sanction of the Governor General in Council" omitted by Act 38 of 1920, s. 2 and the Schedule.
9. Added by Act 3 of 1885, s. 2 (w.e.f. 1-7-1882).
10. Subs. by Act 20 of 1929, s. 2, for 1877.
Title: Repeal of Acts.
In the territories to which this Act extends for the time being the enactments specified in the Schedule hereto annexed shall be repealed to the extent therein mentioned. But nothing herein contained shall he deemed to affect—
(a) the provisions of any enactment not hereby expressly repealed;
(b) any terms or incidents of any contract or constitution of property which are consistent with the provisions of this Act, and arc allowed by the law for the time being in force;
(c) any right or liability arising out of a legal relation constituted before this Act comes into force, or any relief in respect of any such right or liability; or
(d) save as provided by section 57 and Chapter IV of this Act, any transfer by operation of law or by, or in execution of, a decree or order of a Court of competent jurisdiction;
and nothing in the second Chapter of this Act shall be deemed to affect any rule of 1*** Muhammadan 2*** law.
1. The word "Hindu" omitted by s. 3, ibid.
2. The words "or Buddhist" omitted by s. 3, ibid.