Section 17 in The Legal Metrology Act, 2009
Title: Manufacturers, etc., to maintain records and registers.
(1) Every manufacturer, repairer or dealer of weight or measure shall maintain such records and registers as may be prescribed.
(2) The records and registers maintained under sub-section (1) shall be produced at the time of inspection to the persons authorised for the said purpose under sub-section (1) of section 15.
Title: Declarations on prepackaged commodities.
(1) No person shall manufacture, pack, sell, import, distribute, deliver, offer, expose or possess for sale any pre-packaged commodity unless such package is in such standard quantities or number and bears thereon such declarations and particulars in such manner as may be prescribed.
(2) Any advertisement mentioning the retail sale price of a pre-packaged commodity shall contain a declaration as to the net quantity or number of the commodity contained in the package in such form and manner as may be prescribed.
Title: Registration for importer of weight or measure.
No person shall import any weight or measure unless he is registered with the Director in such manner and on payment of such fees, as may be prescribed.
Title: Non-standard weights and measures not to be imported.
No weight or measure, whether singly or as a part or component of any machine shall be imported unless it conforms to the standards of weight or measure established by or under this Act.
Title: Training in Legal Metrology.
(1) For imparting training in Legal Metrology and other allied branches of knowledge the "Indian Institute of Legal Metrology" (hereinafter referred to as the "Institute") established under the provisions of the Standards of Weights and Measures Act, 1976 (60 of 1976), shall be deemed to have been established under the corresponding provisions of this Act.
(2) The management and control of the Institute, the teaching staff and other employees, the courses and curricula for training thereat, the qualifications, which a person shall possess in order to be eligible for admission thereto shall be such as may be prescribed.