Section 7 in The Legal Metrology Act, 2009
Title: Standard units of weights and measures.
(1) The base units of weights and measures specified in section 5 shall be the standard units of weights and measures.
(2) The base unit of numeration specified in section 6 shall be the standard unit of numeration.
(3) For the purpose of deriving the value of base, derived and other units mentioned in section 5, the Central Government shall prepare or cause to be prepared objects or equipments in such manner as may be prescribed.
(4) The physical characteristics, configuration, constructional details, materials, equipments, performance, tolerances, period of re-verification, methods or procedures of tests shall be such as may be prescribed.
Title: Standard weight, measures or numeral.
(1) Any weight or measure which conforms to the standard unit of such weight or measure and also conforms to such of the provisions of section 7 as are applicable to it shall be the standard weight or measure.
(2) Any numeral which conforms to the provisions of section 6 shall be the standard numeral.
(3) No weight, measure or numeral, other than the standard weight, measure or numeral, shall be used as a standard weight, measure or numeral.
(4) No weight or measure, shall be manufactured or imported unless it conforms to the standards of weight or measure specified under section 8:
Provided that provisions of this section shall not apply for manufacture done exclusively for export or for the purpose of any scientific investigation or research.
Title: Reference, secondary and working standard.
(1) The reference standards, secondary standards and working standards of weights and measures shall be such as may be prescribed.
(2) Every reference standard, secondary standard and working standard shall be verified and stamped in such manner and after payment of such fee as may be prescribed.
(3) Every reference standard, secondary standard and working standard which is not verified and stamped in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (2) shall not be deemed to be a valid standard.
Title: Use of weight or measure for particular purposes.
Any transaction, dealing or contract in respect of any goods, class of goods or undertakings shall be made by such weight, measure or number as may be prescribed.
Title: Prohibition of quotation, etc., otherwise than in terms of standard units of weight, measure or numeration.
(1) No person shall, in relation to any goods, things or service,--
(a) quote, or make announcement of, whether by word of mouth or otherwise, any price or charge, or
(b) issue or exhibit any price list, invoice, cash memo or other document, or
(c) prepare or publish any advertisement, poster or other document, or
(d) indicate the net quantity of a pre-packaged commodity, or
(e) express in relation to any transaction or protection, any quantity or dimension, otherwise than in accordance with the standard unit of weight, measure or numeration.
(2) The provisions of sub-section (1) shall not be applicable for export of any goods, things or service.