Section 11 in The Clinical Establishments (Registration and Regulation) Act, 2010
Title: Registration for clinical establishments
No person shall run a clinical establishment unless it has been duly registered in accordance with the provisions of this Act.
Title: Condition for registration
(1) For registration and continuation, every clinical establishment shall fulfil the following conditions, namely:--
(i) the minimum standards of facilities and services as may be prescribed;
(ii) the minimum requirement of personnel as may be prescribed;
(iii) provisions for maintenance of records and reporting as may be prescribed;
(iv) such other conditions as may be prescribed.
(2) The clinical establishment shall undertake to provide within the staff and facilities available, such medical examination and treatment as may be required to stabilise the emergency medical condition of any individual who comes or is brought to such clinical establishment.
Title: Classification of clinical establishments
(1) Clinical establishment of different systems shall be classified into such categories, as may be prescribed by the Central Government, from time to time.
(2) Different standards may be prescribed for classification of different categories referred to in sub-section (1):
Provided that in prescribing the standards for clinical establishments, the Central Government shall have regard to the local conditions.
Title: Application for provisional certificate of registration
(1) For the purposes of registration of the clinical establishment under section 10, an application in the prescribed proforma along with the prescribed fee shall be made to the authority.
(2) The application shall be filed in person or by post or online.
(3) The application shall be made in such form and shall be accompanied by such details as may be prescribed under this Act or rules made thereunder.
(4) If any clinical establishment is in existence at the time of the commencement of this Act, an application for its registration shall be made within one year from the date of the commencement of this Act and a clinical establishment which comes into existence after commencement of this Act, shall apply for permanent registration within a period of six months from the date of its establishment.
(5) If any clinical establishment is already registered under any existing law requiring registration of such establishments, even then it shall apply for registration as referred to in sub-section (1).
Title: Provisional certificate
The authority shall, within a period of ten days from the date of receipt of such application, grant to the applicant a certificate of provisional registration in such form and containing such particulars and such information, as may be prescribed.