Section 46 in The Civil Liability for Nuclear Damage Act, 2010
Title: Act to be in addition to any other law.
The provisions of this Act shall be in addition to, and not in derogation of, any other law for the time being in force, and nothing contained herein shall exempt the operator from any proceeding which might, apart from this Act, be instituted against such operator.
Title: Protection of action taken in good faith
No suit, prosecution or other legal proceedings shall lie against the Central Government or the person, officer or authority in respect of anything done by it or him in good faith in pursuance of this Act or of any rule or order made, or direction issued, thereunder.
Title: Power to make rules
(1) The Central Government may, by notification, make rules for carrying out the purposes of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing powers such rules may provide for –
(a) the other financial security and the manner thereof under sub-section (1) of section 8;
(b) the salary and allowances payable to and the other terms and conditions of service of Claims
Commissioner under section 11;
(c) the procedure to be followed by Claims Commissioner under sub-section (1) of section 12;
(d) the person to be associated by Claims Commissioner and the manner thereof, under subsection (2) of section 12;
(e) the remuneration, fee or allowances of associated person under sub-section (3) of section 12;
(f) any other matter under clause (f) of sub-section (4) of section 12;
(g) the form of application, the particulars it shall contain and the documents it shall accompany, under sub-section (1) of section 15;
(h) the salary and allowances payable to and other terms and conditions of service of Chairperson and other Members, under section 22;
(i) the powers of Chairperson under section 29;
(j) the salary and allowances payable to and the terms and other conditions of service of officers and other employees of the Commission, under sub-section (2) of section 30;
(k) the form of application, the particulars it shall contain and the documents it shall accompany, under sub-section (1) of section 31;
(l) any other matter under clause (f) of sub-section (5) of section 32;
(m) the form and the time for preparing annual report by the Commission under section 37;
(n) the manner of transfer of officers and other employees of the Commission under clause (c) of sub-section (2) of section 38.
(3) Every rule made under this Act by the Central Government shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions, not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, as appear to it to be necessary or expedient for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no order shall be made under this section after the expiry of three years from the commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall, as soon as may be after it is made, be laid before each House of Parliament
Title: Short title, application and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the Clinical Establishments (Registration and Regulation) Act, 2010.
(2) It applies, in the first instance, to the whole of the States of Arunachal Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Mizoram and Sikkim and the Union territories; and it shall apply to such other State which adopts this Act by resolution passed in that behalf under clause (1) of article 252 of the Constitution.
(3) It shall come into force at once in the States of Arunachal Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Mizoram and Sikkim and the Union territories, on such date as the Central Government may, by notification, appoint and in any other State which adopts this Act under clause (1) of article 252 of the Constitution, on the date of such adoption; and any reference in this Act to the commencement of this Act shall, in relation to any State or Union territory, mean the date on which this Act comes into force in such State or Union territory:
Provided that different dates may be appointed for different categories of clinical establishments and for different recognised systems of medicine.