Section 36 in The Civil Liability for Nuclear Damage Act, 2010
Title: Enforcement of awards.
(1) When an award is made under sub-section (1) of section 16 or under sub-section (6) of section 32,
(a) the insurer or any person, as the case may be, who under the contract of insurance or financial security under section 8 is required to pay any amount in terms of such award and to the extent of his liability under such contract, shall deposit that amount within such time and in such manner as the Claims Commissioner or the Commission, as the case may be, may direct; and
(b) the operator shall, subject to the maximum liability specified under sub-section (2) of section 6, deposit the remaining amount by which such award exceeds the amount deposited under clause (a).
(2) Where any person referred to in sub-section (1) fails to deposit the amount of award within the period specified in the award, such amount shall be recoverable from such person as arrears of land revenue.
(3) The amount deposited under sub-section (1) shall be disbursed to such person as may be specified in the award within a period of fifteen days from the date of such deposit.
Title: Annual report
The Commission shall prepare, in such form and at such time in each financial year, as may be prescribed, an annual report giving full account of its activities during that financial year and submit a copy thereof to the Central Government which shall cause the same to be laid before each House of Parliament.
Title: Dissolution of Commission in certain circumstances
(1) Where the Central Government is satisfied that the purpose for which the Commission established under section 19 has served its purpose, or where the number of cases pending before such Commission is so less that it would not justify the cost of its continued function, or where it considers necessary or expedient so to do, the Central Government may, by notification, dissolve the Commission.
(2) With effect from the date of notification of dissolution of Commission under sub-section (1),
(a) the proceeding, if any, pending before the Commission as on the date of such notification shall be transferred to the Claims Commissioner to be appointed by the Central Government under sub-section (2) of section 9;
(b) the Chairperson and all Members of the Commission shall be deemed to have vacated their offices as such and they shall not be entitled to any compensation for premature termination of their office;
(c) officers and other employees of the Commission shall be transferred to such other authority or offices of the Central Government, in such manner, as may be prescribed:
Provided that the officers and other employees so transferred, shall be entitled to the same terms and conditions of service as would have been held by them in the Commission:
Provided further that where an officer or an employee of the Commission refuses to join the services in such other authority or office, he shall be deemed to have resigned and shall not be entitled to any compensation for premature termination of contract of service;
(d) all assets and liabilities of the Commission shall vest in the Central Government.
(3) Notwithstanding the dissolution of the Commission under sub-section (1), anything done or any action taken or purported to have been done or taken including any order made or notice issued or any appointment, confirmation or declaration made or any document or instrument executed or any direction given by the Commission before such dissolution, shall be deemed to have been validly done or taken.
(4) Nothing in this section shall be construed to prevent the Central Government to establish the Commission subsequent to the dissolution of the Commission in accordance with the provisions of this Act.
Title: Offences and penalties
(a) contravenes any rule made or any direction issued under this Act; or
(b) fails to comply with the provisions of section 8; or
(c) fails to deposit the amount under section 36,
shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to five years or with fine or with both.
(2) Whoever fails to comply with any direction issued under section 43 or obstructs any authority or person in the exercise of his powers under this Act shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year or with fine or with both.
Title: Offences by companies
(1) Where an offence under this Act has been committed by a company, every person who at the time the offence was committed, was directly in charge of, and was responsible to, the company for the conduct of the business of the company, as well as the company, shall be deemed to be guilty of the offence and shall be liable to be proceeded against and punished accordingly:
Provided that nothing contained in this sub-section shall render any such person liable to any punishment under this Act, if he proves that the offence was committed without his knowledge or that he exercised all due diligence to prevent the commission of such offence.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), where any offence under this Act has been committed by a company and it is proved that the offence has been committed with the consent or connivance of, or is attributable to any neglect on the part of, any director, manager, secretary or other officer of the company, such director, manager, secretary or other officer shall also be deemed to be guilty of that offence and shall be liable to be proceeded against and punished accordingly.
Explanation.--For the purposes of this section,--
(a) "company" means any body corporate and includes a firm or other association of individuals;
(b) "director", in relation to a firm, means a partner in the firm.