Section 14 in The Civil Liability for Nuclear Damage Act, 2010
Title: Person entitled to make application for nuclear damage
An application for compensation before the Claims Commissioner or the Commission, as the case may be, in respect of nuclear damage may be made by—
(a) a person who has sustained injury; or
(b) the owner of the property to which damage has been caused; or
(c) the legal representatives of the deceased; or
(d) any agent duly authorised by such person or owner or legal representatives.
Title: Procedure for making application before Claims Commissioner
(1) Every application for compensation before the Claims Commissioner for nuclear damage shall be made in such form, containing such particulars and accompanied by such documents, as may be prescribed.
(2) Subject to the provisions of section 18, every application under sub-section (1) shall be made within a period of three years from the date of knowledge of nuclear damage by the person suffering such damage.
Title: Award by Claims Commissioner
(1) On receipt of an application under sub-section (1) of section 15, the Claims Commissioner shall, after giving notice of such application to the operator and affording an opportunity of being heard to the parties, dispose of the application within a period of three months from the date of such receipt and make an award accordingly.
(2) While making an award under this section, the Claims Commissioner shall not take into consideration any benefit, reimbursement or amount received by the applicant in pursuance of contract of insurance taken by him or for members of his family or otherwise.
(3) Where an operator is likely to remove or dispose of his property with the object of evading payment by him of the amount of the award, the Claims Commissioner may, in accordance with the provisions of rules 1 to 4 of Order XXXIX of the First Schedule to the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 (5 of 1908), grant a temporary injunction to restrain such act.
(4) The Claims Commissioner shall arrange to deliver copies of the award to the parties within a period of fifteen days from the date of the award.
(5) Every award made under sub-section (1) shall be final.
Title: Operator's right of recourse
The operator of the nuclear installation, after paying the compensation for nuclear damage in accordance with section 6, shall have a right of recourse where—
(a) such right is expressly provided for in a contract in writing;
(b) the nuclear incident has resulted as a consequence of an act of supplier or his employee, which includes supply of equipment or material with patent or latent defects or sub-standard services;
(c) the nuclear incident has resulted from the act of commission or omission of an individual done with the intent to cause nuclear damage.
Title: Extinction of right to claim.
The right to claim compensation for nuclear damage shall extinguish, if such claim is not made within a period of—
(a) ten years, in the case of damage to property;
(b) twenty years, in the case of personal injury to any person, from the date of occurrence of the incident notified under sub-section (1) of section 3:
Provided that where a nuclear damage is caused by a nuclear incident involving nuclear material which, prior to such nuclear incident, had been stolen, lost, jettisoned or abandoned, the said period of ten years shall be computed from the date of such nuclear incident, but, in no case, it shall exceed a period of twenty years from the date of such theft, loss, jettison or abandonment.