Section 41 in The Nalanda University Act, 2010
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order, published in the Gazette of India, make such provisions, not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, as appears to it to be necessary or expedient for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no such order shall be made under this section after the expiry of a period of three years from the commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament.
Title: Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations to be published in the Official Gazette and to be laid before Parliament
(1) Every Statute, Ordinance or Regulation made under this Act shall be published in the Gazette of India and the website of the University.
(2) Every Statute, Ordinance or Regulation made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or successive sessions aforesaid, both the Houses agree in making any modification in the Statute, Ordinance or Regulation or both Houses agree that the Statute, Ordinance or Regulation should not be made, the Statute, Ordinance or Regulation shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that Statute, Ordinance or Regulation
Title: Transitional provisions
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act and the Statutes,--
(a) the first Registrar and the first Finance Officer shall be appointed by the Governing Board and each of the said officers shall hold office for a term of three years;
(b) the first Board of School of Studies shall consist of not more than eleven members, who shall be nominated by the Governing Board and they shall hold office for a term of three years;
(c) the first Academic Council shall consist of not more than nineteen members, who shall be nominated by the Governing Board and they shall hold office for a term of three years:
Provided that if any vacancy occurs in the above offices or authorities, the same shall be filled by appointment or nomination, as the case may be, by the Governing Board, and the person so appointed or nominated shall hold office for so long as the officer or member in whose place he is appointed or nominated would have held office, if such vacancy had not occurred.
Title: Repeal of University of Nalanda Act
(1) The University of Nalanda Act, 2007 (Bihar Act 18 of 2007) is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal,--
(a) all appointments made, orders issued, degrees and other academic distinctions conferred, diplomas and certificates awarded, privileges granted, or other things done under the University of Nalanda Act, 2007 (Bihar Act 18 of 2007), shall be deemed to have been respectively made, issued, conferred, awarded, granted or done under the corresponding provisions of this Act and, except as otherwise provided by or under this Act or the Statutes, continue in force unless and until they are superseded by any order made under this Act or the Statutes; and
(b) all proceedings of Selection Committees for the appointment or promotion of teachers that took place before the commencement of this Act and all actions of the Governing Body in respect of the recommendations of such Selection Committees where no orders of appointment on the basis thereof were passed before the commencement of this Act shall, notwithstanding that the procedure for selection has been modified by this Act, be deemed to have been valid but further proceeding in connection with such pending selections shall be taken in accordance with the provisions of this Act and be continued from the stage where they stood immediately before such commencement, except if the concerned authorities take, with the approval of the Visitor, a decision to the contrary.
Title: Short title and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the National Green Tribunal Act, 2010.
(2) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
1 18th October, 2010, vide notification No. S.O 2569(E), dated 18th October, 2010, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).