Section 33 in The Nalanda University Act, 2010
Title: Conditions of service of employees
(1) Every employee of the University shall be appointed under a written contract, which shall be lodged with the University and a copy of which shall be furnished to the employee concerned.
(2) Any dispute arising out of the contract between the University and any employee shall, at the request of the employee, be referred to a Tribunal of Arbitration consisting of one member appointed by the Governing Board, one member nominated by the employee concerned and an umpire appointed by the Visitor.
(3) The decision of the Tribunal shall be final, and no suit shall lie in any civil court in respect of the matters decided by the Tribunal.
(4) Every request made by an employee under sub-section (2), shall be deemed to be a submission to arbitration upon the terms of this section within the meaning of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 (26 of 1996).
(5) The procedure for regulating the work of the Tribunal shall be prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: Procedure of appeal and arbitration in disciplinary cases against students
(1) Any student or candidate for an examination whose name has been removed from the rolls of the University by the orders or resolution of the Vice-Chancellor, Disciplinary Committee or Examination Committee, as the case may be, and who has been debarred from appearing at the examinations of the University for more than one year, may, within ten days of the date of receipt of such orders or copy of such resolution by him, appeal to the Governing Board and the Governing Board may confirm, modify or reverse the decision of the Vice-Chancellor or the Committee, as the case may be.
(2) Any dispute arising out of any disciplinary action taken by the University against a student shall, at the request of such student, be referred to a Tribunal of Arbitration and the provisions of sub-sections (2), (3), (4) and (5) of section 33 shall, as far as may be, apply to a reference made under this sub-section.
Title: Right to appeal.
Every employee or student of the University or of a School of Studies or Centre or Institution maintained by the University or admitted to its privileges shall, notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, have a right to appeal within such time as may be prescribed by the Statutes, to the Governing Board against the decision of any officer or authority of the University or of the Principal or the management of any School of Studies or Centre or an Institution, as the case may be, and thereupon the Governing Board may confirm, modify or reverse the decision appealed against.
Title: Provident and pension funds
The University shall constitute for the benefit of its employees such provident or pension fund or provide such insurance schemes as it may deem fit in such manner and subject to such conditions as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: Disputes as to the constitution of authorities and bodies
If any question arises as to whether any person has been duly nominated or appointed as, or is entitled to be a member of any authority or other body of the University, the matter shall be referred to the Visitor whose decision thereon shall be final.