Section 29 in The Nalanda University Act, 2010
(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act and the Statutes, the Ordinances may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the admission of students, the courses of study and fees therefor, the qualifications pertaining to degrees, diplomas, certificates and other courses, the conditions for the grant of fellowships, awards and the like;
(b) the conduct of examinations, including the terms and conditions and manner of appointment of examiners;
(c) any other matter which by this Act or the Statutes is to be, or may be, provided for by the Ordinances.
(2) The first Ordinances shall be made by the Vice-Chancellor with the previous approval of the Governing Board and the Ordinances so made may be amended, repealed or added to at any time by the Governing Board, in the manner prescribed by the Statutes.
The authorities of the University may make regulations consistent with this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances for the conduct of their own business and that of the committees, if any, appointed by them and not provided for by this Act, the Statutes or the Ordinances, in the manner prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: Annual report
(1) The annual report of the University shall be prepared under the directions of the Governing Board which shall include, among other matters, the steps taken by the University towards the fulfilment of its objectives.
(2) The annual report so prepared shall be submitted to the Visitor on or before such date as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
(3) A copy of the annual report so prepared shall also be submitted to the Member States and exhibited on the website of the University.
Title: Annual accounts, etc
(1) The annual accounts and the balance sheet of the University shall be prepared under the directions of the Governing Board and shall, once at least every year, and at intervals of not more than fifteen months, be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(2) A copy of the accounts together with the audit report shall be submitted to the Visitor along with the observations, if any, of the Governing Board.
(3) Any observations made by the Visitor on the annual accounts shall be brought to notice of the Governing Board and the views of the Governing Board, if any, on such observations shall be submitted to the Visitor.
(4) A copy of the annual report and annual accounts together with the audit report, as submitted to the Visitor, shall also be submitted to the Central Government, which shall, as soon as may be, cause the same to be laid before both the Houses of Parliament.
(5) The audited annual accounts, after having been laid before both the Houses of Parliament, shall be published in the Gazette of India.
(6) A copy of the audited annual accounts shall also be submitted to the Member States.
Title: Conditions of service of employees
(1) Every employee of the University shall be appointed under a written contract, which shall be lodged with the University and a copy of which shall be furnished to the employee concerned.
(2) Any dispute arising out of the contract between the University and any employee shall, at the request of the employee, be referred to a Tribunal of Arbitration consisting of one member appointed by the Governing Board, one member nominated by the employee concerned and an umpire appointed by the Visitor.
(3) The decision of the Tribunal shall be final, and no suit shall lie in any civil court in respect of the matters decided by the Tribunal.
(4) Every request made by an employee under sub-section (2), shall be deemed to be a submission to arbitration upon the terms of this section within the meaning of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 (26 of 1996).
(5) The procedure for regulating the work of the Tribunal shall be prescribed by the Statutes.