Section 28 in The Nalanda University Act, 2010
Title: Statutes how made
(1) The first Statutes shall be made by the Governing Board, with the prior approval of the Visitor, within six months of the commencement of this Act, for operation of University.
(2) The Governing Board may, from time to time, make new or additional Statutes or may amend or repeal the Statutes referred to in sub-section (1):
Provided that the Governing Board shall not make, amend or repeal any Statute affecting the status, powers or constitution of any authority of the University until such authority has been given a reasonable opportunity to express its opinion in writing on the proposed changes and any opinion so expressed has been considered by the Governing Board.
(3) Every new Statute or addition to the Statutes or any amendment or repeal thereof shall require the assent of the Visitor, who may assent thereto or withhold assent or remit to the Governing Board for reconsideration in the light of the observations, if any, made by him.
(4) A new Statute or a Statute amending or repealing an existing Statute shall not be valid unless it has been assented to by the Visitor.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in the foregoing sub-sections, the Visitor may direct the University to make provisions in the Statutes in respect of any matter specified by him and if the Governing Board is unable to implement such a direction within sixty days of its receipt, the Visitor may, after considering the reasons, if any, communicated by the Governing Board for its inability to comply with such directions, make or amend the Statutes suitably.
(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act and the Statutes, the Ordinances may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the admission of students, the courses of study and fees therefor, the qualifications pertaining to degrees, diplomas, certificates and other courses, the conditions for the grant of fellowships, awards and the like;
(b) the conduct of examinations, including the terms and conditions and manner of appointment of examiners;
(c) any other matter which by this Act or the Statutes is to be, or may be, provided for by the Ordinances.
(2) The first Ordinances shall be made by the Vice-Chancellor with the previous approval of the Governing Board and the Ordinances so made may be amended, repealed or added to at any time by the Governing Board, in the manner prescribed by the Statutes.
The authorities of the University may make regulations consistent with this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances for the conduct of their own business and that of the committees, if any, appointed by them and not provided for by this Act, the Statutes or the Ordinances, in the manner prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: Annual report
(1) The annual report of the University shall be prepared under the directions of the Governing Board which shall include, among other matters, the steps taken by the University towards the fulfilment of its objectives.
(2) The annual report so prepared shall be submitted to the Visitor on or before such date as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
(3) A copy of the annual report so prepared shall also be submitted to the Member States and exhibited on the website of the University.
Title: Annual accounts, etc
(1) The annual accounts and the balance sheet of the University shall be prepared under the directions of the Governing Board and shall, once at least every year, and at intervals of not more than fifteen months, be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(2) A copy of the accounts together with the audit report shall be submitted to the Visitor along with the observations, if any, of the Governing Board.
(3) Any observations made by the Visitor on the annual accounts shall be brought to notice of the Governing Board and the views of the Governing Board, if any, on such observations shall be submitted to the Visitor.
(4) A copy of the annual report and annual accounts together with the audit report, as submitted to the Visitor, shall also be submitted to the Central Government, which shall, as soon as may be, cause the same to be laid before both the Houses of Parliament.
(5) The audited annual accounts, after having been laid before both the Houses of Parliament, shall be published in the Gazette of India.
(6) A copy of the audited annual accounts shall also be submitted to the Member States.