Section 23 in The Nalanda University Act, 2010
Title: The Academic Council.
(1) The Academic Council shall be the principal academic body of the University and shall, subject to the provisions of this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances, have the control and general regulation of, and be responsible for, the maintenance of standards of learning, education, instruction, evaluation and examination within the University and shall exercise such other powers and perform such other functions as may be conferred or imposed upon it by the Statutes.
(2) The constitution of the Academic Council and the term of office of its members shall be prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: The School of Studies.
(1) There shall be such number of Schools of Studies as the University may determine from time to time.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing provision contained in sub-section (1), the University shall have the following Schools, namely:--
(i) Buddhist Studies, Philosophy and Comparative Religions;
(ii) Historical Studies;
(iii) International Relations and Peace Studies;
(iv) Business Management in relation to Public Policy and Development Studies;
(v) Languages and Literature;
(vi) Ecology and Environment Studies;
(vii) any other school as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
(3) Every School of Studies shall have a Board comprising of such members as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
(4) The powers and functions of the Boards of School of Studies shall be prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: The Finance Committee
The constitution, powers and functions of the Finance Committee shall be prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: Other authorities
The constitution, powers and functions of the other authorities which may be declared by the Statutes to be authorities of the University shall be prescribed by the Statutes.
Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Statutes may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the manner of appointment of the Chancellor;
(b) the manner of appointment of the Vice-Chancellor, the term of his appointment, the emoluments and other conditions of his service and the powers and functions that may be exercised and performed by him;
(c) the manner of appointment of the Registrar, the Finance Officer, the Controller of Examinations and other officers and terms and conditions of their service and the powers and functions that may be exercised and performed by such officers;
(d) the other authorities of the University, the terms of office of the members of such authorities and the powers and functions that may be exercised and performed by such authorities;
(e) the appointment of teachers and other employees of the University, their emoluments and other conditions of service:
Provided that the terms and conditions of teachers and employees shall not be varied to their disadvantage;
(f) the constitution of a pension or provident fund and the establishment of an insurance scheme for the benefit of the employees of the University;
(g) the principles governing the seniority of service of the employees of the University;
(h) the procedure for regulating the work of the Tribunal of Arbitration;
(i) the procedure for the settlement of disputes between the employees or students of the University, and the University;
(j) the co-ordination and determination of standards in the University;
(k) Schools of Studies, members of its Board and the power and functions of such Board;
(l) all other matters which by this Act are to be, or may be, provided by the Statutes