Section 20 in The Nalanda University Act, 2010
Title: Other officers
The manner of appointment, emoluments, powers and duties of the other officers of the University shall be prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: Privileges and immunities of academic staff, etc
The members of the academic staff and, where applicable, their dependents or members of the family, shall enjoy such privileges and immunities as the Central Government may, after entering into an agreement with the University, notify under section 3 of the United Nations (Privileges and Immunities) Act, 1947 (46 of 1947).
Title: Authorities of the University
The following shall be the authorities of the University:--
(1) the Governing Board;
(2) the Academic Council;
(3) the Boards of Schools of Studies;
(4) the Finance Committee; and
(5) such other authorities as may be declared by the Statutes to be the authorities of the University.
Title: The Academic Council.
(1) The Academic Council shall be the principal academic body of the University and shall, subject to the provisions of this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances, have the control and general regulation of, and be responsible for, the maintenance of standards of learning, education, instruction, evaluation and examination within the University and shall exercise such other powers and perform such other functions as may be conferred or imposed upon it by the Statutes.
(2) The constitution of the Academic Council and the term of office of its members shall be prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: The School of Studies.
(1) There shall be such number of Schools of Studies as the University may determine from time to time.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing provision contained in sub-section (1), the University shall have the following Schools, namely:--
(i) Buddhist Studies, Philosophy and Comparative Religions;
(ii) Historical Studies;
(iii) International Relations and Peace Studies;
(iv) Business Management in relation to Public Policy and Development Studies;
(v) Languages and Literature;
(vi) Ecology and Environment Studies;
(vii) any other school as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
(3) Every School of Studies shall have a Board comprising of such members as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
(4) The powers and functions of the Boards of School of Studies shall be prescribed by the Statutes.