Section 13 in The Nalanda University Act, 2010
Title: Officers of University
The following shall be the officers of the University:--
(1) the Chancellor;
(2) the Vice-Chancellor;
(3) the Registrars;
(4) the Finance Officer; and
(5) such other officers as may be declared by the Statutes to be the officers of the University.
Title: The Chancellor.
(1) The Chancellor shall be appointed by the Visitor for such term and in such manner as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
(2) The Chancellor shall, by virtue of his office, be the head of the University and shall, if present, preside at the Convocations of the University held for conferring degrees and meetings of the Governing Board.
Title: The Vice-Chancellor.
(1) The Vice-Chancellor shall be appointed by the Visitor in such manner, for such term and on such emoluments and other conditions of service as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
(2) The Vice-Chancellor shall be the principal academic and executive officer of the University, and shall exercise supervision and control over the affairs of the University and give effect to the decisions of all the authorities of the University.
(3) The Vice-Chancellor may, if he is of the opinion that immediate action is necessary on any matter, exercise any power conferred on any authority of the University by or under this Act and shall report to such authority the action taken by him on such matter:
Provided that if the authority concerned is of the opinion that such action ought not to have been taken, it may refer the matter to the Visitor whose decision thereon shall be final:
Provided further that any person in the service of the University who is aggrieved by any action taken by the Vice-Chancellor under this sub-section shall have the right to represent against such action to the Governing Board within ninety days from the date on which such action is communicated to him and thereupon the Governing Board may confirm, modify or reverse the action taken by the Vice-Chancellor.
(4) The Vice-Chancellor, if he is of the opinion that a decision of any authority is beyond the powers of the authority conferred by the provisions of this Act, the Statutes or the Ordinances or that any decision taken is not in the interest of the University, may ask the authority concerned to review its decision within sixty days of such decision and if the authority refuses to review its decision either in whole or in part or no decision is taken by it within the said period of sixty days, the matter shall be referred to the Visitor whose decision thereon shall be final:
Provided that the decision of the authority concerned shall remain suspended during the period of review of such decision by the authority or the Visitor, as the case may be, under this sub-section.
(5) The Vice-Chancellor shall exercise such other powers and perform such other functions as may be prescribed by the Statutes and the Ordinances.
Title: The Registrar.
(1) The Registrar shall be appointed in such manner and on such terms and conditions of service as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
(2) The Registrar shall have the power to enter into, and sign agreements and authenticate records on behalf of the University.
(3) The Registrar shall exercise such powers and perform such functions as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: The Finance Officer.
The Finance Officer shall be appointed in such manner and on such terms and conditions of service and shall exercise such powers and perform such functions as may be prescribed by the Statutes.