Section 37 in The Land Ports Authority of India Act, 2010
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by general or special order published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions not inconsistent with the provisions of this A ct as appear to it to be necessary or expedient for the removal of the difficulty:
Provided that no such order shall be made after the expiry of a period of two years from the date of the commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall as soon as may be after it is made, be laid before each House of Parliament .
Title: Short title and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the Nalanda University Act, 2010.
(2) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint and different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act.
1. 25th November, 2010, vide notification No. S.O. 2809(E), dated 18th November, 2010, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
Title: Declaration of Nalanda University as an institution of national importance.
Whereas the objects of the institution known as the Nalanda University are such as to make the institution one of national importance, it is hereby declared that the institution known as the Nalanda University is an institution of national importance.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,--
(a) "Academic Council" means the Academic Council of the University;
(b) "academic staff" means such categories of staff as are designated as academic staff by the Statutes;
(c) "Centre" means a centre established or maintained by the University in any place in India or in East Asia region for the purposes of coordinating and supervising the work of centres in such place or region and for performing such functions as may be conferred on such centre by the Governing Board;
(d) "East Asia region" means the region comprising the territories of the Member States of the East Asia Summit;
(e) "employee" means any person appointed by the University and includes teachers and other staff of the University;
(f) "Faculty" means a Faculty of the University;
(g) "Finance Officer" means the Finance Officer of the University appointed under section 17;
(h) "Governing Board" means the Governing Board of the University constituted under section 7;
(i) "Hall" means a unit of residence, by whatever name called, for students of the University provided, maintained or recognised by it;
(j) "Member States" means the Member States of the East Asia Summit;
(k) "Nalanda Mentor Group" means the group of persons constituted by the communication dated the 28th June, 2007 of the Government of India in the Ministry of External Affairs, inter alia, to examine the framework and structure of International co-operation and partnership which would govern the establishment of the University;
(l) "Ordinances" means the Ordinances of the University;
(m) "prescribed" means prescribed by Statutes, Ordinances or by Regulations;
(n) "recognised institution" means an institution of higher learning maintained or recognised by, or associated with, the University;
(o) "Registrar" means the Registrar of the University appointed under section 16;
(p) "Regulations" means the Regulations of the University;
(q) "School" means a school of studies of the University;
(r) "Statutes" means the Statutes of the University;
(s) "teacher" means professor, associate professor, assistant professor and research staff of the University appointed or recognised by the University for imparting instructions or conducting research in the University or for giving guidance to students for pursuing any course of study of the University and are designated as teachers by the Statutes;
(t) "University" means the Nalanda University established and incorporated under section 4
Title: Establishment and incorporation of Nalanda University
(1) The University of Nalanda in the State of Bihar, established under the University of Nalanda Act, 2007 (Bihar Act 18 of 2007), shall be established as a body corporate under this Act by the name of "Nalanda University".
(2) The first Visitor, the first Chancellor, the first Vice-Chancellor, the first members of the Governing Board and the Academic Council, and all persons who may hereafter become such officers or members, so long as they continue to hold such office or membership, shall constitute the University.
(3) The University shall have perpetual succession and a common seal and shall sue and be sued by the said name.
(4) The Headquarters of the University shall be in the district of Nalanda in the State of Bihar.
(5) The University may establish or maintain centres at such other places in India as it may deem fit:
Provided that the University may, with the approval of the Governing Board, establish study centres outside India