Section 35 in The Land Ports Authority of India Act, 2010
Title: Power to make regulations.
(1) The Authority may, with the previous approval of the Central Government, make regulations not inconsistent with this Act and the rules made thereunder for the purpose of giving effect to the provisions of this Act.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such regulations may provide for
(a) the time and places of meetings of the Authority and the procedure to be followed for transaction of business including the quorum at such meetings under sub-section (1) of section 8;
(b) the conditions of service and the remuneration of officers and other employees to be appointed by the Authority under sub-section (2) of section 10;
(c) the contracts which are to be sealed with the common seal of the Authority under sub-section (1), and the form and manner in which a contract may be made by the Authority under sub-section (2) of section 18;
(d) the fees and rent to be charged by the Authority under sub-section (1) of section 19;
(e) the custody and restoration of lost property and the terms and conditions under which lost property may be restored to the persons entitled thereto under section 31.
Title: Rules, regulations and notifications to be laid before Parliament.
Every rule and every regulation made or notification issued under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in ma king any modification in the rule, regulation or notification, as the case may be, or both Houses agree that the rule, regulation or notification, as the case may be, should not be made or issued, the rule, regulation or notification shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule, regulation or notification.
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by general or special order published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions not inconsistent with the provisions of this A ct as appear to it to be necessary or expedient for the removal of the difficulty:
Provided that no such order shall be made after the expiry of a period of two years from the date of the commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall as soon as may be after it is made, be laid before each House of Parliament .
Title: Short title and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the Nalanda University Act, 2010.
(2) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint and different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act.
1. 25th November, 2010, vide notification No. S.O. 2809(E), dated 18th November, 2010, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
Title: Declaration of Nalanda University as an institution of national importance.
Whereas the objects of the institution known as the Nalanda University are such as to make the institution one of national importance, it is hereby declared that the institution known as the Nalanda University is an institution of national importance.