Section 23 in The Land Ports Authority of India Act, 2010
Title: Submission of programme of activities and financial estimates.
The Authority shall, before the commencement of each financial year prepare a statement of the programme of its activities during the forthcoming financial year as well as financial estimate in respect thereof and submit it for the approval of the Central Government.
Title: Borrowing powers of Authority.
(1) The Authority may, with the consent of the Central Government or in accordance with the terms of any general or special authority given to it by the Central Government, borrow money from any source by the issue of bonds, debentures or such other instruments as it may deem fit for discharging all or any of its functions under this Act.
(2) The Central Government may guarantee in such manner as it thinks fit, the repayment of the principal and the payment of interest thereon with respect to the loans taken by the Authority under sub-section (1)
(3) Subject to such limits as the Central Government may, from time to time, lay down, the Authority may borrow temporarily by way of overdraft or otherwise, such amount as it may require for discharging its functions under this Act.
Title: Accounts and audit.
(1) The Authority shall maintain proper accounts and other relevant records and prepare an annual statement of accounts including the profit and loss account and the balance sheet in such form as may be prescribed by the Central Government in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(2) The accounts of the Authority shall be audited annually by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India and any expenditure incurred by him in connection with such audit shall be reimbursed to him by the Authority.
(3) The Comptroller and Auditor-General of India and any person appointed by him in connection with the audit of the accounts of the Authority shall have the same rights and privileges and authority in connection with such audit as the Comptroller and Auditor-General has in connection with the audit of Government accounts and, in particular shall have the right to demand the production of books, accounts, connected vouchers, documents and papers and inspect any of the offices of the Authority.
(4) The accounts of the Authority as certified by the Comptroller and Auditor- General of India or any other person appointed by him in this behalf together with the audit report thereon shall be forwarded annually to the Central Government and that Government shall cause the same to be laid before both Houses of Parliament.
Title: Submission of annual report.
( 1 ) The Authority shall, as soon as may be, after the end of each financial year, prepare and submit to the Central Government in such form as may be prescribed, a report giving an account of its activities during that financial year and the report shall also give an account of the activities which are likely to be undertaken by the Authority during the next financial year.
( 2 ) The Central Government shall cause such report to be laid before both Houses of Parliament, as soon as may be, after it is submitted.
The Authority may, by general or special order in writing, delegate to the Chairperson or any other member or to any officer of the Authority, subject to such conditions and limitations, if any, as may be specified in the order, such of its powers and functions under this Act (except the powers under section 35), as it may deem necessary.