Section 20 in The Land Ports Authority of India Act, 2010
Title: Additional capital and grant to Authority by Central Government.
The Central Government may, after the appropriation made by Parliament by law in this behalf, —
(a) provide any capital that may be required by the Authority for the discharge of its functions under this Act or for any purpose connected therewith on such terms and conditions as that Government may determine;
(b) pay to the Authority, on such terms and conditions as the Central Government may determine, by way of loans or grants such sums of money as that Government may consider necessary for the efficient discharge of its functions under this Act.
Title: Fund of Authority and its investment.
(1) The Authority shall establish its own fund and all receipts of the Authority shall be credited thereto and all payments by the Authority shall be made there from.
(2) The Authority shall have the power, subject to the provisions of this Act, to spend such sums as it thinks fit to cover all administrative expenses of the Authority or for purposes authorised by this Act and such sums sha ll be treated as expenditure out of the fund of the Authority.
(3) All moneys standing at the credit of the Authority which cannot immediately be applied as provided in sub-section (2), shall be —
(a) deposited in the State Bank of India or any such scheduled bank or banks or other public financial institutions subject to such conditions as may, from time to time, be specified by the Central Government;
(b) invested in the securities of the Central Government or in such manner as may be prescribed.
Explanation .— In this sub-section, "scheduled bank" has the same meaning as in clause (e) of section 2 of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 (2 of 1934).
Title: Allocation of surplus funds
(1) The Authority may, from time to time, set apart such amounts as it thinks fit, as a reserve fund or funds for the purpose of expanding existing facilities or services or creating new facilities or services at any integrated check post or increase of expenditure from transient causes or for purposes of replacement or meeting expenditure arising from loss or damage due to any natural calamity or accident or meeting any liability arising out of any act of omission or commission in the discharge of its functions under this Act:
Provided that the Authority shall also have the power to establish specific reserves for specific purposes:
Provided further that the sums set apart annually in respect of each or any of the specific and general reserves and the aggregate at any time of such sums shall not exceed such limits as may, from time to time, be fixed in that behalf by the Central Government.
(2) After making provision for such reserve fund or funds and for bad and doubtful debts, depreciation in assets and all other matters which are usually provided for by companies registered and incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 (1 of 1956), the Authority shall pay the balance of its annual net profits to the Central Government.
Title: Submission of programme of activities and financial estimates.
The Authority shall, before the commencement of each financial year prepare a statement of the programme of its activities during the forthcoming financial year as well as financial estimate in respect thereof and submit it for the approval of the Central Government.
Title: Borrowing powers of Authority.
(1) The Authority may, with the consent of the Central Government or in accordance with the terms of any general or special authority given to it by the Central Government, borrow money from any source by the issue of bonds, debentures or such other instruments as it may deem fit for discharging all or any of its functions under this Act.
(2) The Central Government may guarantee in such manner as it thinks fit, the repayment of the principal and the payment of interest thereon with respect to the loans taken by the Authority under sub-section (1)
(3) Subject to such limits as the Central Government may, from time to time, lay down, the Authority may borrow temporarily by way of overdraft or otherwise, such amount as it may require for discharging its functions under this Act.