Section 12 in The Land Ports Authority of India Act, 2010
Title: Responsibilities and powers of other agencies.
(1) The respective border guarding forces deployed at the borders of India shall be responsible for security around an integrated check post.
(2) The Authority may, whenever considered necessary so to do for ensuring the peace and security at an integrated check post, seek the assistance of armed force, Central para military force or State police as per the provisions of the law for the time being in fo rce.
(3) The Customs, immigration, quarantine and other officials shall co-ordinate with the Authority for the effective discharge of its functions.
(4) Notwithstanding anything contained in any provisions of this Act, the Customs, immigration, quarantine officials, the border guarding forces and the police shall discharge their functions in accordance with the law for the time being in force.
Title: Assets and liabilities to vest in Authority
(1) On the date of notification issued under clause (d) of section 2, all such assets, rights, powers, authorities and privileges and such property movable and immovable, real or personal, corporeal or incorporeal, present or contingent, of whatever nature, including lands, buildings, machinery, equipments, works, workshops, cash balances, capital, reserves, reserve funds, investments, tenancies, losses and book debts and all other rights and interests arising out of such property, as immediately before the issue of that notification, were in the ownership or possession of the Government of India in any of the land port, as the Central Government may, in such notification, specify, shall vest in the Authority and such vesting shall also be deemed to include all borrowings, liabilities and obligations of whatever kind then subsisting.
(2) The notification under sub-section (1) shall be issued only after the concurrence of the concerned ministries or departments of the Government of India, in case where such properties are owned or controlled by such ministries or departments.
Title: General effect of vesting of undertakings in Authority.
All contracts, agreements and working arrangements subsisting immediately before the date of notification issued under clause ( d ) of section 2, and affecting the land ports shall be of full force and effect as regards the Authority.
Title: Guarantee to be operative.
Any guarantee given for or in favour of land customs stations or immigration check posts with respect to a loan, lease or finance shall continue to be operative in relation to such stations or check posts which have been vested in the Authority by virtue of this Act.
Title: Compulsory acquisition of land for Authority.
Any land required by the Authority for the discharge of its functions under this Act shall be deemed to be needed for a public purpose and such land may be acquired for the Authority under the provisions of the National Highways Act, 1956 (48 of 1956) or any other law for the time being in force.