Section 9 in The Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981
Title: Vacation of seats by members.
If a member of a State Board constituted under this Act becomes subject to any of the disqualifications specified in section 8, his seat shall become vacant.
Title: Meetings of Board.
(1) For the purposes of this Act, a Board shall meet at least once in every three months and shall observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of business at its meetings as may be prescribed:
Provided that if, in the opinion of the Chairman, any business of an urgent nature is to be transacted, he may convene a meeting of the Board at such time as he thinks fit for the aforesaid purpose.
(2) Copies of minutes of the meetings under sub-section (1) shall be forwarded to the Central Board and to the State Government concerned.
Title: Constitution of committees.
(1) A Board may constitute as many committees consisting wholly of members or partly of members and partly of other persons and for such purpose or purposes as it may think fit.
(2) A committee constituted under this section shall meet at such time and at such place, and shall observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of business at its meetings, as may be prescribed.
(3) The members of a committee other than the members of the Board shall be paid such fees and allowances, for attending its meetings and for attending to any other work of the Board as may be prescribed.
Title: Temporary association of persons with Board for particular purpose.
(1) A Board may associate with itself in such manner, and for such purposes, as may be prescribed, any person whose assistance or advice it may desire to obtain in performing any of its functions under this Act.
(2) A person associated with the Board under sub-section (1) for any purpose shall have a right to take part in the discussions of the Board relevant to that purpose, but shall not have a right to vote at a meeting of the Board and shall not be a member of the Board for any other purpose.
(3) A person associated with a Board under sub-section (1) shall be entitled to receive such fees and allowances as may be prescribed.
Title: Vacancy in Board not to invalidate acts or proceedings.
No act or proceeding of a Board or any committee thereof shall be called in question on the ground merely of the existence of any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the Board or such committee, as the case may be.