Section 42 in The Specific Relief Act, 1963
Title: Injunction to perform negative agreement.
Notwithstanding anything contained in clause (e) of section 41, where a contract comprises an affirmative agreement to do a certain act, coupled with a negative agreement, express or implied, not to do a certain act, the circumstance that the court is unable to compel specific performance of the affirmative agreement shall not preclude it from granting an injunction to perform the negative agreement:
Provided that the plaintiff has not failed to perform the contract so far as it is binding on him.
[Amendment of Act 10 of 1940.] Rep. by the Repealing and Amending Act, 1974 (56 of 1974), s. 2 and the First Schedule (w.e.f. 20-12-1974).
[Repeal.] Rep. by s. 2 and the First Schedule, ibid. (w.e.f. 20-12-1974).
Title: Title, extent and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the Prisons Act, 1894.
1[(2) It extends to the whole of India except 2[the territories which, immediately before the 1st November, 1956, were comprised in Part B States].]"
(3) It shall come into force on the first day of July, 1894.
(4) Nothing in this Act shall apply to civil jails in the 3[State] of Bombay 4[as it existed immediately before the 1st November, 1956] outside the city of Bombay, and those jails shall continue to be administered under the provisions of sections 9 and 16 (both inclusive) of 5Bombay Act 2 of 1874, as amended by subsequent enactments.
1. Subs. by the A. O. 1950, for sub-section (2).
2. Subs. by the Adaptation of Laws (No. 2) Order, 1956, for "Part B States".
3. Subs. by the A. O. 1950, for "province" which was subs. by the A O. 1948 for "presidency".
4. Ins. by the Adaptation of Laws (No. 2) Order, 1956.
5. The Civil Jails Act, 1874.
[Repeal.] Rep. by the Repealing Act, 1938 (1 of 1938), s. 2 and the Schedule.