Section 27 in The Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research Act, 2011
Title: Audit of accounts and its publication.
(1) The accounts of the Academy shall, without prejudice to the provisions contained in the Comptroller and Auditor-Generals (Duties, Powers and Conditions of Service) Act, 1971 (56 of 1971), be audited by auditors who may be appointed by the Board for the term of one year and such auditors shall be eligible for re-appointment.
(2) No person shall be eligible to be appointed as an auditor under sub-section (1) unless he is a chartered accountant as defined in clause (b) of sub-section (1) of section 2 of the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 (38 of 1949), and who has obtained a certificate of practice under sub-section (1) of section 6 of that Act.
(3) The accounts of the Academy shall, after the completion of the audit under sub-section (1) and submission thereof to the Board and the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research be published on the website of the Academy.
(1) The Statutes of the Academy shall be enacted by the Board.
(2) Without prejudice to the provisions contained in sub-section (1), the Senate may make recommendations for enactment of Statutes to the Board.
(3) The Board may, from time to time, make new Statutes or may amend or repeal or rescind the Statutes with effect from such date as it may direct.
Title: Matters to be provided by Statutes.
Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Statutes may provide for all or any of the matters considered necessary by the Board for functioning of the Academy within the framework of this Act, including the following matters, namely:--
(a) the conferment of degrees and diplomas;
(b) the constitution, powers and functions of the Board of Studies;
(c) the tuition fee and other fees to be charged;
(d) the institution of fellowships, scholarships, medals and prizes;
(e) the term of office and the method of appointment of officers of the Academy;
(f) the qualification of Faculty of the Academy (other than the scientists of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research engaged in the service of the Academy), officers and other staff of Academy:
Provided that the scientists of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research engaged in the service of the Academy shall be governed by the qualifications specified by the Council and nothing contained in this Act shall be construed to disqualify them from undertaking the service of the Academy or engaging them as Faculty of the Academy;
(g) the classification, the method of appointment and the determination of the terms and conditions of service of Faculty, officers and other staff of the Academy;
(h) the provision of insurance fund, provident fund and other retirement benefits, for the benefit of the Faculty, officers and other staff of the Academy;
(i) the constitution, powers and duties of authorities of the Academy;
(j) the establishment and maintenance of hostels;
(k) the conditions of residence of students of the Academy and the levying of fees for residence in the hostels and of other charges;
(l) the allowances to be paid to the Chairperson and other members of the Board and any committee constituted by the Academy;
(m) the meetings of the Board, the Senate, or any committee, the quorum at such meetings and the procedure to be followed in the conduct of their business;
(n) any other matter which may be required or necessary for the purposes of this Act.
(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act and the Statutes, the Ordinances of the Academy may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the admission of the students;
(b) the courses of study;
(c) the conditions under which students shall be admitted and shall be eligible for degrees, diplomas and certificates and to the examinations of the Academy, and shall be eligible for the degrees, diplomas and certificates;
(d) the conditions of award of the fellowships, scholarships, medals and prizes;
(e) the condition and mode of appointment and duties of examining bodies, examiners and moderators;
(f) the conduct of examinations;
(g) the maintenance of discipline among students of the Academy;
(h) any other matter which by this Act or the Statute, is to be, or, may be, provided for by the Ordinances.
(2) Save as otherwise provided in this section, Ordinances shall be made by the Senate.
(3) All Ordinances made by the Senate shall have the effect from such date as it may direct, but every Ordinance so made shall be submitted, as soon as may be, to the Board and shall be considered by the Board in its subsequent meeting.
(4) The Board shall have the power by resolution to modify or cancel or rescind any of the Ordinances and such Ordinances shall, from the date of such resolution stand modified accordingly or cancelled or rescinded, as the case may be.
Title: Review of functioning of Academy.
(1) There shall be a review of the functioning of the Academy once in every four years by persons of eminence to be appointed by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research.
(2) The Academy shall meet the expenses for conducting the review under sub-section (1) and upon receipt of the report of such review, the Board may take appropriate action.
(3) In addition to the review under sub-section (1), the Board may conduct review of functioning of administrative and academic wings of the Academy, in such manner and at such intervals, as may be provided in the Statutes.