Section 23 in The Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research Act, 2011
Title: Associate Directors.
(1) The Associate Directors of the Academy shall, be appointed by the Director with the approval of the Board, from amongst Professors of the Academy or scientists of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research engaged in academic activity in the Academy, for such period, and on such terms and conditions, as may be laid down by the Statutes, and, shall exercise such powers and perform such duties as may be assigned to them by this Act or the Statutes or by the Director.
(2) The Board may assign any other designation for the Associate Directors, for the purpose of administrative convenience or academic efficiency.
Title: Powers of other authorities
(1) The constitution and powers of Board of Studies shall be such as may be provided in the Statutes.
(2) The powers, including the financial powers and duties of authorities, officers and other functionaries of the Academy shall be as provided by the Statutes.
Title: Funds of Academy.
(1) The Academy shall maintain and retain a fund to which shall be credited—
(a) all fees (including tuition fees) and other charges received by the Academy;
(b) all monies received by the Academy by way of grants, gifts, donations, benefactions, bequests or transfers;
(c) monies for projects undertaken by the Academy;
(d) income from investment made by the Academy or from any other source;
(e) the funds received from the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, by way of loan or otherwise;
(f) all monies received by the Academy in any other manner or from any other source.
(2) All monies credited to the fund of the Academy shall be deposited in such banks or invested in such manner as the Academy may, with the approval of the Board, decide.
(3) The fund shall be applied for meeting,--
(a) the salaries, allowances and other remuneration of the Chairperson, members of the Board or Faculty, officers and other employees or members of the committees set up by the Academy;
(b) the expenses of the Academy in the discharge of its functions or exercise of its powers under section 8;
(c) the expenses on objects of, and for purposes authorised by, this Act.
(4) All expenditure of the Academy shall be within the framework of a budget approved by the Board.
(1) The Academy shall maintain proper and separate accounts giving therein the details of all receipts in, and, expenditure from, such fund and other relevant particulars.
(2) The accounts referred to in sub-section (1) shall be prepared and got audited before the expiry of six months from the end of each financial year.
(3) The Academy shall submit to the Board and the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, the accounts referred to in sub-section (1) duly audited under section 27 and signed by the Director, Associate Director in charge of Finance and Associate Director in charge of Administration.
(4) The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research referred to in sub-section (3), the Board and any other person appointed by them in connection with the audit of the accounts of the Academy shall have the right to demand the production of books, accounts, connected vouchers and other documents and papers and to inspect any of the offices of the Academy.
Title: Audit of accounts and its publication.
(1) The accounts of the Academy shall, without prejudice to the provisions contained in the Comptroller and Auditor-Generals (Duties, Powers and Conditions of Service) Act, 1971 (56 of 1971), be audited by auditors who may be appointed by the Board for the term of one year and such auditors shall be eligible for re-appointment.
(2) No person shall be eligible to be appointed as an auditor under sub-section (1) unless he is a chartered accountant as defined in clause (b) of sub-section (1) of section 2 of the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 (38 of 1949), and who has obtained a certificate of practice under sub-section (1) of section 6 of that Act.
(3) The accounts of the Academy shall, after the completion of the audit under sub-section (1) and submission thereof to the Board and the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research be published on the website of the Academy.