Section 20 in The Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research Act, 2011
Title: Chancellor of Academy.
(1) The Chairperson of the Board shall be the Chancellor of the Academy.
(2) The Chancellor shall ordinarily preside at the Convocations of the Academy.
Title: Director of Academy.
The Director shall be the principal academic and executive officer of the Academy and shall be responsible for the administration of the Academy and imparting instruction, research and maintenance of discipline.
Title: Appointment and duty of Director of Academy, etc.
(1) The Director shall be appointed, by the President of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, on the recommendation of the selection committee constituted under sub-section (2).
(2) The selection committee referred to in sub-section (1) shall consist of—
(a) the Chairperson of the Board;
(b) the Vice-Chairperson of the Board;
(c) the President of the Indian National Science Academy;
(d) the Chairman, Atomic Energy Commission, Government of India;
(e) the Chairman, Space Commission, Government of India.
(3) The selection committee referred to in sub-section (2) shall—
(a) be constituted within six months before the completion of tenure of the incumbent as the Director;
(b) submit its recommendation at least three months before the completion of the tenure of the incumbent Director.
(4) The selection committee may evolve its own procedure for the purposes of meetings and making recommendations under sub-section (1) including making recommendations in respect of a person who has not applied for the post of Director.
(5) Three members of the selection committee referred to in sub-section (1) shall form quorum for the meeting of the committee:
Provided that no person shall be selected or nominated as Director unless such person is an Indian citizen.
(6) It shall be the duty of the Director that the decisions taken by the Board are implemented.
(7) The Director shall submit an annual report and accounts of the Academy to the Board.
(8) The Director shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this Act or the Statutes or the Ordinances.
(9) The term of the Director shall be five years.
Title: Associate Directors.
(1) The Associate Directors of the Academy shall, be appointed by the Director with the approval of the Board, from amongst Professors of the Academy or scientists of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research engaged in academic activity in the Academy, for such period, and on such terms and conditions, as may be laid down by the Statutes, and, shall exercise such powers and perform such duties as may be assigned to them by this Act or the Statutes or by the Director.
(2) The Board may assign any other designation for the Associate Directors, for the purpose of administrative convenience or academic efficiency.
Title: Powers of other authorities
(1) The constitution and powers of Board of Studies shall be such as may be provided in the Statutes.
(2) The powers, including the financial powers and duties of authorities, officers and other functionaries of the Academy shall be as provided by the Statutes.