Section 43 in The Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development Act, 2012
Title: Power to make rules.
(1) The Central Government may, by notification, make rules to carry out the provisions of this Act.
(2) In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the form and manner in which the books of account of the Institute shall be maintained under sub-section (1) of section 28;
(b) any other matter which is required to be, or may be, prescribed.
Title: Statutes, Ordinances notifications to be published in Official Gazette and to be laid before Parliament
(1) Every rule made by the Central Government and every Statute and every Ordinance made or notification issued under this Act shall be published in the Official Gazette.
(2) Every rule made by the Central Government, every Statute and every Ordinance made or notification issued under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the Statute, Ordinance or notification or both Houses agree that the Statute, Ordinance or notification should not be made or issued, the Statute, Ordinance or notification shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that Statute, Ordinance or notification.
(3) The power to make the Statutes, Ordinances or notifications shall include the power to give retrospective effect from a date not earlier than the date of commencement of this Act, to the Statutes, Ordinances, notifications or any of them but no retrospective effect shall be given to any Statute, Ordinance or notification so as to prejudicially affect the interests of any person to whom such Statute, Ordinance or notification may be applicable.
Title: Power to remove difficulties.
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions or give such directions not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, as appears it to be necessary or expedient for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no order shall be made under this section after the expiry of two years from the date of commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament.
Title: Transitional provisions.
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act,--
(a) the Advisory Board and the Executive Council of the existing Institute functioning as such immediately before the commencement of this Act shall continue to so function until an Executive Council is constituted for the Institute under this Act, but on the constitution of a new Executive Council under this Act, the members of the Advisory Board and Executive Council holding office before such constitution shall cease to hold office; and
(b) until the first Statutes and the Ordinances are made under this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances of the existing Institute, or notification as in force, immediately before the commencement of this Act, shall continue to apply to the Institute in so far as they are not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act.
Title: Short title, extent and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research Act, 2011.
(2) It extends to the whole of India except the State of Jammu and Kashmir*.
(3) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint and different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act.
1. 3rd April, 2012 except sub-section (2) of section 5, vide notification No. S.O. 709(E), dated 2nd April, 2012, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii). 26th June, 2013 sub-sec. (2) of section 5, vide notification No. S.O. 1850(E), dated 26th June, 2013, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
*. Vide notification No. S.O. 3912(E), dated 30th October, 2019, this Act is made applicable to the Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir and the Union territory of Ladakh.