Section 19 in The Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development Act, 2012
Title: Functions of Finance Committee
The Finance Committee shall perform the following functions, namely:--
(a) to scrutinise the accounts and budget estimates of the Institute and to make recommendations to the Executive Council;
(b) to scrutinise the proposals for new expenditure on account of major works on purchases;
(c) to scrutinise re-appropriation statements and audit notes and make recommendations thereon to the Executive Council;
(d) to review the finances of the Institute from time to time and have concurrent audit conducted whenever necessary; and
(e) to give advice and make recommendations to the Executive Council on any financial questions affecting the affairs of the Institute
Title: Other authorities
The constitution, powers and functions of the other authorities, as may be declared by the Statutes to be authorities of the Institute, shall be such as may be provided by the Statutes.
Title: Officers of Institute
The Institute shall consist of the following officers, namely:--
(a) the Director;
(b) the Registrar; and
(c) such other officers as may be declared by the Statutes to be the officers of the Institute.
(1) The Director of the Institute shall be appointed by the Visitor for a period of three years in the manner specified in sub-sections (2) and (3) on such terms and conditions of service as may be provided by the Statutes:
Provided that the first Director shall be appointed by the Central Government on such terms and conditions as it deems fit, for a period not exceeding six months from the appointed day.
(2) The Director shall be appointed by the Visitor from a panel of three persons with outstanding academic qualifications as recommended by a Search Committee constituted by the Central Government for that purpose.
(3) The Search Committee referred to in sub-section (2) shall consist of three members, one each to be nominated by the Executive Council, the Central Government and the Visitor.
(4) The Director shall be the principal academic and executive officer of the Institute and shall be responsible for the proper administration and academic performance of the Institute and for imparting of instruction and maintenance of discipline therein.
(5) The Director shall submit annual report and audited accounts of the Institute to the Executive Council and the Central Government and the Central Government shall thereupon cause the same to be laid before each House of Parliament.
(6) The Director shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by the Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances.
(1) The Registrar of the Institute shall be appointed in such manner and on such terms and conditions as may be provided by the Statutes and shall be the custodian of records, common seal, the funds of the Institute and such other property of the Institute as the Executive Council shall commit to his charge.
(2) The Registrar shall act as the Member-Secretary of the Executive Council, the Academic Council and such committees as may be provided by the Statutes.
(3) The Registrar shall be responsible to the Director for the proper discharge of his functions.
(4) The Registrar shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this Act, the Statutes or by the Director.