Section 14 in The Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development Act, 2012
Title: Meetings of Executive Council
(1) The Chairperson shall ordinarily preside at the meetings of the Executive Council and at the Convocation of the Institute:
Provided that, in his absence, the Vice-Chairperson of the Executive Council shall preside at the meetings of the Executive Council.
(2) It shall be the duty of the Chairperson to ensure that the decisions taken by the Executive Council are implemented.
(3) The Chairperson shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as are assigned to him by this Act.
(4) The Executive Council shall meet at least four times in a year and follow such procedure, in its meetings (including quorum at such meetings) as may be provided by the Statutes
Title: Powers and functions of Executive Council
(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Executive Council shall be responsible for the general superintendence, direction and control of the affairs of the Institute and shall also exercise the powers of the Institute not otherwise provided for by this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances, and shall have the power to review the acts of the Academic Council and Finance Committee.
(2) Without prejudice to the provisions of sub-section (1), the Executive Council shall—
(a) take decisions on questions of policy relating to the administration and working of the Institute;
(b) lay down policy regarding the duration of the courses, nomenclature of the degrees and other distinctions to be conferred by the Institute;
(c) institute courses of study and lay down standards of proficiency and other academic distinctions in respect of the courses offered by the Institute;
(d) lay down, with prior approval of the Central Government, the policy regarding the cadre structure, qualification, the method of recruitment and conditions of service of the teaching and research faculty as well as other employees of the Institute;
(e) guide resource mobililsation of the Institute and to lay down policies for utilisation;
(f) consider and approve proposals for taking loans for purposes of the Institute with or without the security of the property of the Institute;
(g) make Statutes and to alter, modify or rescind the same;
(h) consider and pass resolutions on annual report, annual accounts and the budget estimates of the Institutes for the next financial year as it thinks fit together with a statement of its development plans; and
(i) do all such things, not specifically covered under clauses (a) to (h), as may be necessary, incidental or conductive to the attainment of all or any of the powers under this section.
(3) The Executive Council shall have the power to appoint such committees as it considers necessary for the exercise of its powers and the performance of its duties under this Act.
(4) The Executive Council may, by a specific resolution to this effect, delegate any of its powers and duties to the Chairperson, Director, any officer or any authority of the Institute subject to reserving the right to review the action that may be taken under such delegated authority
Title: Academic Council
(1) The Academic Council shall be the principal academic body of the Institute and shall, subject to the provisions of this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances, co-ordinate and exercise general supervision over the academic policies of the Institute.
(2) The Academic Council shall consist of the following, namely:--
(a) Director-Chairman ex officio;
(b) one head of an academic institution of national importance to be nominated by the Chairperson;
(c) one Director from any of the Indian Institute of Technology or the Indian Institute of Management to be nominated by the Chairperson;
(d) Member in-charge of Youth Affairs in the Planning Commission of India ex officio;
(e) one person from any international non-governmental organisation working in India in the field of youth work to be nominated by the Chairperson;
(f) two representatives from the non-governmental industrial sector to be nominated by the Chairperson;
(g) one Professor from the Institute, on rotation basis;
(h) Director of the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, Mussorie, ex officio;
(i) two persons from non-governmental organisations working in the field of youth and adolescent development out of whom one person shall be from the north-eastern region, to be nominated by the Chairperson;
(j) two students of the Institute out of whom one student shall be female;
(k) three eminent academicians from among the fields of Social Science, Health Science, Agricultural Science, Skill Development, Management and Law to be nominated by the Chairperson;
(l) one woman representative from the International Development Organisation to be nominated by the Chairperson;
(m) an officer not below the rank of Joint Secretary to the Government of India dealing with the affairs of the Institute in the Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, ex officio.
(3) The term of office of members of the Academic Council and its powers shall be such as may be provided by the Statutes.
(4) While nominating the members of the Academic Council due representation shall be given to women (by including at least four women), from different regions of the country, weaker sections of the community and differently abled persons.
Title: Functions of Academic Council
Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances, the Academic Council shall have the control and general regulation, and be responsible for the framing of the Ordinances, maintenance of standards of instruction, education and examination in the Institute and shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be conferred or imposed upon it by the Statutes.
Title: Finance Committee
(1) There shall be a Finance Committee of the Institute which shall be the principal financial body of the Institute.
(2) The Finance Committee shall consist of the following, namely:--
(a) Director-Presiding Officer of the Finance Committee;
(b) Joint Secretary and Financial Adviser in the Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports;
(c) Registrar of the Institute;
(d) one Professor of the Institute on rotation basis, as may be nominated by the Chairperson;
(e) one Member from the Executive Council to be nominated by the Chairperson;
(f) Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports dealing with the affairs of the Institute;
(g) the Finance Officer of the Institute--Member-Secretary.
(3) The term of office of members of the Finance Committee and its powers shall be such as may be provided by the Statutes.
(4) While nominating the members of the Academic Council due representation shall be given to women, different regions of the country, weaker sections of the community and differently abled persons.