Section 9 in The Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development Act, 2012
Title: Teaching at Institute
All teaching and other academic activities at the Institute shall be conducted by or in the name of the Institute in accordance with the Statutes and Ordinances made in this behalf.
(1) The President of India shall be the Visitor of the Institute:
Provided that the President may, by order, nominate any person to be the Visitor and such person so nominated shall hold office for such term, not exceeding five years as may be specified in the order and the person so nominated shall exercise the powers and discharge duties of the Visitor.
(2) The Visitor may, from time to time, appoint one or more persons to review the work and progress of the Institute and to hold inquiries into the affairs thereof and to report thereon in such manner as the Visitor may direct.
(3) Upon receipt of any such report, the Visitor may take such action and issue such directions as he considers necessary in respect of any of the matters dealt with in the report and the Institute shall be bound to comply with such directions within reasonable time.
Title: Authorities of Institute
The Institute shall consist of the following authorities, namely:--
(a) the Executive Council;
(b) the Academic Council; and
(c) such other authorities as may be declared by the Statutes to be the authorities of the Institute.
Title: Establishment of Executive Council
(1) With effect from such date as the Central Government may, by notification, appoint in this behalf, there shall be established for the purpose of this Act, a central body to be called as the Executive Council.
(2) The Executive Council shall consist of the following members, namely:--
(a) an eminent person of academic repute to be nominated by the Visitor--Chairperson;
(b) an eminent person in the field of Youth Development to be nominated by the Visitor—Vice Chairperson;
(c) Secretary, Department of Youth Affairs, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports--ex officio Member;
(d) Joint Secretary, Department of Youth Affairs, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports--ex officio Member;
(e) Director, Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development--ex officio Member;
(f) Professor from Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development on rotation--Member;
(g) one eminent sports personality to be nominated by the Central Government--Member;
(h) one Head from an Academic Institution to be nominated by the Central Government--Member;
(i) one representative from the industry to be nominated by the Central Government from the Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry or Confederation of Indian Industry by the Central Government--Member;
(j) the Registrar, Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development--Member-Secretary.
(3) While nominating the members of the Executive Council under sub-section (2) due representation shall be given to women, different regions of the country, and weaker sections of the community and differently abled persons.
Title: Terms of office of, vacancies among, and allowances payable to members of Executive Council
(1) The term of office of every member of the Executive Council shall be for a period of three years from the date of his nomination:
Provided that the term of office of an ex officio member shall continue so long as he holds the office by virtue of which he is a member.
(2) The term of office of a member nominated to fill a casual vacancy shall be for the remainder of the term of the member in whose place he has been nominated.
(3) Notwithstanding anything contained in this section, an out-going member shall, unless the Central Government otherwise directs, continue in office until another person is nominated as a member in his place or until the expiry of one year, whichever is earlier.
(4) The members of the Executive Council, other than ex officio members, shall be paid such travelling and other allowances as may be provided by the Statutes.