Section 8 in The Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development Act, 2012
Title: Institute to be open to all races, creeds, gender and classes
(1) The Institute shall be open to persons of either sex and of whatever race, creed, caste or class, physical ability, and no test or condition shall be imposed as to religious belief or profession in admitting students, appointing teachers or employees or in any other connection whatsoever.
(2) No bequest, donation or transfer of any property shall be accepted by the Institute which in the opinion of the Executive Council involves conditions or obligations opposed to the spirit and object of this section
Title: Teaching at Institute
All teaching and other academic activities at the Institute shall be conducted by or in the name of the Institute in accordance with the Statutes and Ordinances made in this behalf.
(1) The President of India shall be the Visitor of the Institute:
Provided that the President may, by order, nominate any person to be the Visitor and such person so nominated shall hold office for such term, not exceeding five years as may be specified in the order and the person so nominated shall exercise the powers and discharge duties of the Visitor.
(2) The Visitor may, from time to time, appoint one or more persons to review the work and progress of the Institute and to hold inquiries into the affairs thereof and to report thereon in such manner as the Visitor may direct.
(3) Upon receipt of any such report, the Visitor may take such action and issue such directions as he considers necessary in respect of any of the matters dealt with in the report and the Institute shall be bound to comply with such directions within reasonable time.
Title: Authorities of Institute
The Institute shall consist of the following authorities, namely:--
(a) the Executive Council;
(b) the Academic Council; and
(c) such other authorities as may be declared by the Statutes to be the authorities of the Institute.
Title: Establishment of Executive Council
(1) With effect from such date as the Central Government may, by notification, appoint in this behalf, there shall be established for the purpose of this Act, a central body to be called as the Executive Council.
(2) The Executive Council shall consist of the following members, namely:--
(a) an eminent person of academic repute to be nominated by the Visitor--Chairperson;
(b) an eminent person in the field of Youth Development to be nominated by the Visitor—Vice Chairperson;
(c) Secretary, Department of Youth Affairs, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports--ex officio Member;
(d) Joint Secretary, Department of Youth Affairs, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports--ex officio Member;
(e) Director, Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development--ex officio Member;
(f) Professor from Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development on rotation--Member;
(g) one eminent sports personality to be nominated by the Central Government--Member;
(h) one Head from an Academic Institution to be nominated by the Central Government--Member;
(i) one representative from the industry to be nominated by the Central Government from the Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry or Confederation of Indian Industry by the Central Government--Member;
(j) the Registrar, Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development--Member-Secretary.
(3) While nominating the members of the Executive Council under sub-section (2) due representation shall be given to women, different regions of the country, and weaker sections of the community and differently abled persons.