Section 206 in The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016
Title: Enrolled and registered persons to act as insolvency professionals.
No person shall render his services as insolvency professional under this Code without being enrolled as a member of an insolvency professional agency and registered with the Board.
Title: Registration of insolvency professionals.
(1) Every insolvency professional shall, after obtaining the membership of any insolvency professional agency, register himself with the Board within such time, in such manner and on payment of such fee, as may be specified by regulations.
(2) The Board may specify the categories of professionals or persons possessing such qualifications and experience in the field of finance, law, management, insolvency or such other field, as it deems fit.
Title: Functions and obligations of insolvency professionals.
(1) Where any insolvency resolution, fresh start, liquidation or bankruptcy process has been initiated, it shall be the function of an insolvency professional to take such actions as may be necessary, in the following matters, namely:—
(a) a fresh start order process under Chapter II of Part III;
(b) individual insolvency resolution process under Chapter III of Part III;
(c) corporate insolvency resolution process under Chapter II of Part II;
(d) individual bankruptcy process under Chapter IV of Part III; and
(e) liquidation of a corporate debtor firm under Chapter III of Part II.
(2) Every insolvency professional shall abide by the following code of conduct:—
(a) to take reasonable care and diligence while performing his duties;
(b) to comply with all requirements and terms and conditions specified in the bye-laws of the insolvency professional agency of which he is a member;
(c) to allow the insolvency professional agency to inspect his records;
(d) to submit a copy of the records of every proceeding before the Adjudicating Authority to the Board as well as to the insolvency professional agency of which he is a member; and
(e) to perform his functions in such manner and subject to such conditions as may be specified.
Title: No person to function as information utility without certificate of registration.
Save as otherwise provided in this Code, no person shall carry on its business as information utility under this Code without a certificate of registration issued in that behalf by the Board.
Title: Registration of information utility.
(1) Every application for registration shall be made to the Board in such form and manner, containing such particulars, and accompanied by such fee, as may be specified by regulations:
Provided that every application received by the Board shall be acknowledged within seven days of its receipt.
(2) On receipt of the application under sub-section (1), the Board may, on being satisfied that the application conforms to all requirements specified under sub-section (1), grant a certificate of registration to the applicant or else, reject, by order, such application.
(3) The Board may issue a certificate of registration to the applicant in such form and manner and subject to such terms and conditions as may be specified.
(4) The Board may renew the certificate of registration from time to time in such manner and on payment of such fee as may be specified by regulations.
(5) The Board may, by order, suspend or cancel the certificate of registration granted to an information utility on any of the following grounds, namely:—
(a) that it has obtained registration by making a false statement or misrepresentation or any other unlawful means;
(b) that it has failed to comply with the requirements of the regulations made by the Board;
(c) that it has contravened any of the provisions of the Act or the rules or the regulations made thereunder;
(d) on any other ground as may be specified by regulations:
Provided that no order shall be made under this sub-section unless the information utility concerned has been given a reasonable opportunity of being heard:
Provided further that no such order shall be passed by any member except whole-time members of the Board.