Section 190 in The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016
Title: Removal of member from office.
The Central Government may remove a member from office if he—
(a) is an undischarged bankrupt as defined under Part III;
(b) has become physically or mentally incapable of acting as a member;
(c) has been convicted of an offence, which in the opinion of the Central Government involves moral turpitude;
(d) has, so abused his position as to render his continuation in office detrimental to the public interest:
Provided that no member shall be removed under clause (d) unless he has been given a reasonable opportunity of being heard in the matter.
Title: Powers of Chairperson.
Save as otherwise determined by regulations, the Chairperson shall have powers of general superintendence and direction of the affairs of the Board and may also exercise such other powers as may be delegated to him by the Board.
Title: Meetings of Board.
(1) The Board shall meet at such times and places, and observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of business at its meetings (including quorum at such meetings) as may be determined by regulations.
(2) The Chairperson, or if, for any reason, the Chairperson is unable to attend any meeting of the Board, any other member chosen by the members present at the meeting shall preside at the meeting.
(3) All questions which come up before any meeting of the Board shall be decided by a majority votes of the members present and voting, and, in the event of an equality of votes, the Chairperson, or in his absence, the person presiding, shall have a second or casting vote.
Title: Member not to participate in meetings in certain cases.
Any member, who is a director of a company and who as such director has any direct or indirect pecuniary interest in any matter coming up for consideration at a meeting of the Board, shall, as soon as possible after relevant circumstances have come to his knowledge, disclose the nature of his interest at such meeting and such disclosure shall be recorded in the proceedings of the Board, and the member shall not take any part in any deliberation or decision of the Board with respect to that matter.
Title: Vacancies, etc., not to invalidate proceedings of Board, Officers and employees of Board.
(1) No act or proceeding of the Board shall be invalid merely by reason of—
(a) any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the Board; or
(b) any defect in the appointment of a person acting as a member of the Board; or
(c) any irregularity in the procedure of the Board not affecting the merits of the case.
(2) The Board may appoint such other officers and employees as it considers necessary for the efficient discharge of its functions in such manner as may be specified.
(3) The salaries and allowances payable to, and other terms and conditions of service of, officers and employees of the Board appointed under sub-section (2) shall be such as may be specified by regulations.