Section 37 in The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016
Title: Powers of liquidator to access information
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force, the liquidator shall have the power to access any information systems for the purpose of admission and proof of claims and identification of the liquidation estate assets relating to the corporate debtor from the following sources, namely:—
(a) an information utility;
(b) credit information systems regulated under any law for the time being in force;
(c) any agency of the Central, State or Local Government including any registration authorities;
(d) information systems for financial and non-financial liabilities regulated under any law for the time being in force;
(e) information systems for securities and assets posted as security interest regulated under any law for the time being in force;
(f) any database maintained by the Board; and
(g) any other source as may be specified by the Board.
(2) The creditors may require the liquidator to provide them any financial information relating to the corporate debtor in such manner as may be specified.
(3) The liquidator shall provide information referred to in sub-section (2) to such creditors who have requested for such information within a period of seven days from the date of such request or provide reasons for not providing such information.
Title: Consolidation of claims.
(1) The liquidator shall receive or collect the claims of creditors within a period of thirty days from the date of the commencement of the liquidation process.
(2) A financial creditor may submit a claim to the liquidator by providing a record of such claim with an information utility:
Provided that where the information relating to the claim is not recorded in the information utility, the financial creditor may submit the claim in the same manner as provided for the submission of claims for the operational creditor under sub-section (3).
(3) An operational creditor may submit a claim to the liquidator in such form and in such manner and along with such supporting documents required to prove the claim as may be specified by the Board.
(4) A creditor who is partly a financial creditor and partly an operational creditor shall submit claims to the liquidator to the extent of his financial debt in the manner as provided in sub-section (2) and to the extent of his operational debt under sub-section (3).
(5) A creditor may withdraw or vary his claim under this section within fourteen days of its submission.
Title: Verification of claims.
(1) The liquidator shall verify the claims submitted under section 38 within such time as specified by the Board.
(2) The liquidator may require any creditor or the corporate debtor or any other person to produce any other document or evidence which he thinks necessary for the purpose of verifying the whole or any part of the claim.
Title: Admission or rejection of claims.
(1) The liquidator may, after verification of claims under section 39, either admit or reject the claim, in whole or in part, as the case may be:
Provided that where the liquidator rejects a claim, he shall record in writing the reasons for such rejection.
(2) The liquidator shall communicate his decision of admission or rejection of claims to the creditor and corporate debtor within seven days of such admission or rejection of claims.
Title: Determination of valuation of claims.
The liquidator shall determine the value of claims admitted under section 40 in such manner as may be specified by the Board.