Section 72 in The Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013

Title: Collector may be directed to pay interest on excess compensation.

Description: If the sum, which in the opinion of the Authority concerned, the Collector ought to have awarded as compensation is in excess of the sum which the Collector did award as compensation, the award of the Authority concerned may direct that the Collector shall pay interest on such excess at the rate of nine per cent. per annum from the date on which he took possession of the land to the date of payment of such excess into Authority: Provided that the award of the Authority concerned may also direct that where such excess or any part thereof is paid to the Authority after the date or expiry of a period of one year from the date on which possession is taken, interest at the rate of fifteen per cent. per annum shall be payable from the date of expiry of the said period of one year on the amount of such excess or part thereof which has not been paid into Authority before the date of such expiry.

Title: Re-determination of amount of compensation on the basis of the award of the Authority.

Description: (1) Where in an award under this Chapter, the Authority concerned allows to the applicant any amount of compensation in excess of the amount awarded by the Collector under section 23, the persons interested in all the other land covered by the same preliminary notification under section 11, and who are also aggrieved by the award of the Collector may, notwithstanding that they had not made an application to the Collector, by written application to the Collector within three months from the date of the award of the Authority concerned require that the amount of compensation payable to them may be re-determined on the basis of the amount of compensation awarded by the Authority: Provided that in computing the period of three months within which an application to the Collector shall be made under this sub-section, the day on which the award was pronounced and the time requisite for obtaining a copy of the award shall be excluded. (2) The Collector shall, on receipt of an application under sub-section (1), conduct an inquiry after giving notice to all the persons interested and giving them a reasonable opportunity of being heard, and make an award determining the amount of compensation payable to the applicants. (3) Any person who has not accepted the award under sub-section (2) may, by written application to the Collector, require that the matter be referred by the Collector for the determination of the Authority concerned.

Title: Appeal to High Court.

Description: (1) The Requiring Body or any person aggrieved by the Award passed by an Authority under section 69 may file an appeal to the High Court within sixty days from the date of Award: Provided that the High Court may, if it is satisfied that the appellant was prevented by sufficient cause from filing the appeal within the said period, allow it to be filed within a further period not exceeding sixty days. (2) Every appeal referred to under sub-section (1) shall be heard as expeditiously as possible and endeavour shall be made to dispose of such appeal within six months from the date on which the appeal is presented to the High Court. Explanation.--For the purposes of this section, "High Court" means the High Court within the jurisdiction of which the land acquired or proposed to be acquired is situated.

Title: Particulars of apportionment to be specified.

Description: When there are several persons interested, if such persons agree in the apportionment of the compensation, the particulars of such apportionment shall be specified in the award, and as between such persons the award shall be conclusive evidence of the correctness of the apportionment.

Title: Dispute as to apportionment.

Description: When the amount of compensation has been settled, if any dispute arises as to the apportionment of the same or any part thereof, or as to the persons to whom the same or any part thereof is payable, the Collector may refer such disputes to the Authority.