Section 65 in The Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013
Title: Collector‘s statement to Authority.
(1) In making the reference, the Collector shall state for the information of the Authority, in writing under his hand—
(a) the situation and extent of the land, with particulars of any trees, buildings or standing crops thereon;
(b) the names of the persons whom he has reason to think interested in such land;
(c) the amount awarded for damages and paid or tendered under section 13, and the amount of compensation awarded under the provisions of this Act;
(d) the amount paid or deposited under any other provisions of this Act; and
(e) if the objection be to the amount of the compensation, the grounds on which the amount of compensation was determined.
(2) The statement under sub-section (1) shall be attached a schedule giving the particulars of the notices served upon, and of the statements in writing made or delivered by the persons interested respectively.
Title: Service of notice by Authority.
The Authority shall thereupon cause a notice specifying the day on which the Authority will proceed to determine the objection, and directing their appearance before the Authority on that day, to be served on the following persons, namely:--
(a) the applicant;
(b) all persons interested in the objection, except such (if any) of them as have consented without protest to receive payment of the compensation awarded; and
(c) if the objection is in regard to the area of the land or to the amount of the compensation, the Collector.
Title: Restriction on scope of proceedings.
The scope of the enquiry in every such proceeding shall be restricted to a consideration of the interest of the persons affected by the objection.
Title: Proceedings to be in public.
Every such proceeding shall take place in public, and all persons entitled to practice in any Civil Court in the State shall be entitled to appear, plead and act (as the case may be) in such proceeding.
Title: Determination of award by Authority.
(1) In determining the amount of compensation to be awarded for land acquired including the Rehabilitation and Resettlement entitlements, the Authority shall take into consideration whether the Collector has followed the parameters set out under section 26 to section 30 and the provisions under Chapter V of this Act.
(2) In addition to the market value of the land, as above provided, the Authority shall in every case award an amount calculated at the rate of twelve per cent. per annum on such market value for the period commencing on and from the date of the publication of the preliminary notification under section 11 in respect of such land to the date of the award of the Collector or the date of taking possession of the land, whichever is earlier.
Explanation.--In computing the period referred to in this sub-section, any period or periods during which the proceedings for the acquisition of the land were held up on account of any stay or injunction by the order of any Court shall be excluded.
(3) In addition to the market value of the land as above provided, the Authority shall in every case award a solatium of one hundred per cent. over the total compensation amount.