Section 55 in The Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013
Title: Staff of Authority.
(1) The appropriate Government shall provide the Authority with a Registrar and such other officers and employees as that Government may think fit.
(2) The Registrar and other officers and employees of an Authority shall discharge their functions under the general superintendence of the Presiding Officer.
(3) The salaries and allowances and other conditions of service of the Registrar and other officers and employees of an Authority shall be such as may be prescribed.
Title: Salary and allowances and other terms and conditions of service of Presiding Officers.
The salary and allowances payable to and the other terms and conditions of service (including pension, gratuity and other retirement benefits) of the Presiding Officer of an Authority, shall be such as may be prescribed:
Provided that neither the salary and allowances nor the other terms and conditions of service of the said Presiding Officers shall be varied to their disadvantage after appointment.
Title: Filling up of vacancies.
If, for any reason other than temporary absence, any vacancy occurs in the office of the Presiding Officer of an Authority then the appropriate Government shall appoint another person in accordance with the provisions of this Act to fill the vacancy and the proceedings may be continued before the Authority from the stage at which the vacancy is filled.
Title: Resignation and removal.
(1) The Presiding Officer of an Authority may, by notice in writing under his hand addressed to the appropriate Government, resign his office:
Provided that the Presiding Officer shall, unless he is permitted by the appropriate Government to relinquish his office sooner, continue to hold office until the expiry of three months from the date of receipt of such notice or until a person duly appointed as his successor enters upon his office or until the expiry of his term of office, whichever is earlier.
(2) The Presiding Officer of an Authority shall not be removed from his office except by an order made by the appropriate Government on the ground of proven misbehaviour or incapacity after inquiry in the case of the Presiding Officer of an Authority made by a Judge of a High Court in which the Presiding Officer concerned has been informed of the charges against him and given a reasonable opportunity of being heard in respect of these charges.
(3) The appropriate Government may, by rules, regulate the procedure for the investigation of misbehaviour or incapacity of the aforesaid Presiding Officer.
Title: Orders constituting Authority to be final and not to invalidate its proceedings.
No order of the appropriate Government appointing any person as the Presiding Officer of an Authority shall be called in question in any manner, and no act or proceeding before an Authority shall be called in question in any manner on the ground merely of any defect in the constitution of an Authority.