Section 53 in The Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013
Title: Qualifications for appointment as Presiding Officer.
(1) A person shall not be qualified for appointment as the Presiding Officer of an Authority unless,--
(a) he is or has been a District Judge; or
(b) he is a qualified legal practitioner for not less than seven years.
(2) A Presiding Officer shall be appointed by the appropriate Government in consultation with the Chief Justice of a High Court in whose jurisdiction the Authority is proposed to be established.
Title: Terms of office of Presiding Officer.
The Presiding Officer of an Authority shall hold office for a term of three years from the date on which he enters upon his office or until he attains the age of sixty-five years, whichever is earlier.
Title: Staff of Authority.
(1) The appropriate Government shall provide the Authority with a Registrar and such other officers and employees as that Government may think fit.
(2) The Registrar and other officers and employees of an Authority shall discharge their functions under the general superintendence of the Presiding Officer.
(3) The salaries and allowances and other conditions of service of the Registrar and other officers and employees of an Authority shall be such as may be prescribed.
Title: Salary and allowances and other terms and conditions of service of Presiding Officers.
The salary and allowances payable to and the other terms and conditions of service (including pension, gratuity and other retirement benefits) of the Presiding Officer of an Authority, shall be such as may be prescribed:
Provided that neither the salary and allowances nor the other terms and conditions of service of the said Presiding Officers shall be varied to their disadvantage after appointment.
Title: Filling up of vacancies.
If, for any reason other than temporary absence, any vacancy occurs in the office of the Presiding Officer of an Authority then the appropriate Government shall appoint another person in accordance with the provisions of this Act to fill the vacancy and the proceedings may be continued before the Authority from the stage at which the vacancy is filled.