Section 34 in The Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013
Title: Adjournment of enquiry.
The Collector may, for any cause he thinks fit, from time to time adjourn the enquiry to a day to be fixed by him.
Title: Power to summon and enforce attendance of witnesses and production of documents.
For the purpose of enquiries under this Act, the Collector shall have powers to summon and enforce the attendance of witnesses, including the parties interested of any of them, and to compel the production of documents by the same means, and (so far as may be) in the same manner as is provided in the case of a Civil Court under the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 (5 of 1908).
Title: Power to call for records, etc.
The appropriate Government may at any time before the award is made by the Collector under section 30 call for any record of any proceedings (whether by way of inquiry or otherwise) for the purpose of satisfying itself as to the legality or propriety of any findings or order passed or as to the regularity of such proceedings and may pass such order or issue such direction in relation thereto as it may think fit:
Provided that the appropriate Government shall not pass or issue any order or direction prejudicial to any person without affording such person a reasonable opportunity of being heard.
Title: Awards of Collector when to be final.
(1) The Awards shall be filed in the Collectors office and shall, except as hereinafter provided, be final and conclusive evidence, as between the Collector and the persons interested, whether they have respectively appeared before the Collector or not, of the true area and market value of the land and the assets attached thereto, solatium so determined and the apportionment of the compensation among the persons interested.
(2) The Collector shall give immediate notice of his awards to such of the persons interested who are not present personally or through their representatives when the awards are made.
(3) The Collector shall keep open to the public and display a summary of the entire proceedings undertaken in a case of acquisition of land including the amount of compensation awarded to each individual along with details of the land finally acquired under this Act on the website created for this purpose.
Title: Power to take possession of land to be acquired.
(1) The Collector shall take possession of land after ensuring that full payment of compensation as well as rehabilitation and resettlement entitlements are paid or tendered to the entitled persons within a period of three months for the compensation and a period of six months for the monetary part of rehabilitation and resettlement entitlements listed in the Second Schedule commencing from the date of the award made under section 30:
Provided that the components of the Rehabilitation and Resettlement Package in the Second and Third Schedules that relate to infrastructural entitlements shall be provided within a period of eighteen months from the date of the award:
Provided further that in case of acquisition of land for irrigation or hydel project, being a public purpose, the rehabilitation and resettlement shall be completed six months prior to submergence of the lands acquired.
(2) The Collector shall be responsible for ensuring that the rehabilitation and resettlement process is completed in all its aspects before displacing the affected families.