Section 28 in The Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013
Title: Parameters to be considered by Collector in determination of award.
In determining the amount of compensation to be awarded for land acquired under this Act, the Collector shall take into consideration—
firstly, the market value as determined under section 26 and the award amount in accordance with the First and Second Schedules;
secondly, the damage sustained by the person interested, by reason of the taking of any standing crops and trees which may be on the land at the time of the Collector's taking possession thereof;
thirdly, the damage (if any) sustained by the person interested, at the time of the Collector's taking possession of the land, by reason of severing such land from his other land;
fourthly, the damage (if any) sustained by the person interested, at the time of the Collector's taking possession of the land, by reason of the acquisition injuriously affecting his other property, movable or immovable, in any other manner, or his earnings;
fifthly, in consequence of the acquisition of the land by the Collector, the person interested is compelled to change his residence or place of business, the reasonable expenses (if any) incidental to such change;
sixthly, the damage (if any) bona fide resulting from diminution of the profits of the land between the time of the publication of the declaration under section 19 and the time of the Collector's taking possession of the land; and
seventhly, any other ground which may be in the interest of equity, justice and beneficial to the affected families.
Title: Determination of value of things attached to land or building.
(1) The Collector in determining the market value of the building and other immovable property or assets attached to the land or building which are to be acquired, use the services of a competent engineer or any other specialist in the relevant field, as may be considered necessary by him.
(2) The Collector for the purpose of determining the value of trees and plants attached to the land acquired, use the services of experienced persons in the field of agriculture, forestry, horticulture, sericulture, or any other field, as may be considered necessary by him.
(3) The Collector for the purpose of assessing the value of the standing crops damaged during the process of land acquisition, may use the services of experienced persons in the field of agriculture as may be considered necessary by him.
Title: Award of solatium.
(1) The Collector having determined the total compensation to be paid, shall, to arrive at the final award, impose a "Solatium" amount equivalent to one hundred per cent. of the compensation amount.
Explanation.---For the removal of doubts it is hereby declared that solatium amount shall be in addition to the compensation payable to any person whose land has been acquired.
(2) The Collector shall issue individual awards detailing the particulars of compensation payable and the details of payment of the compensation as specified in the First Schedule.
(3) In addition to the market value of the land provided under section 26, the Collector shall, in every case, award an amount calculated at the rate of twelve per cent. per annum on such market value for the period commencing on and from the date of the publication of the notification of the Social Impact Assessment study under sub-section (2) of section 4, in respect of such land, till the date of the award of the Collector or the date of taking possession of the land, whichever is earlier.
In the Principal Act, after Chapter-IV, the following new Chapter IV A shall be inserted, namely:-
CHAPTER IV A
Voluntary acquisition of land
30A. Acquisition of land by the State Government by entering into agreement.:--(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Principal Act, or any other law, whenever it appears to the State Government that the land is needed in any area for any public purpose, the State Government or its Authorized Officer will enter into an agreement with the willing land owner to sell the land in favour of the State for the matters specified therein in a prescribed form.
(2) The State Government or its Authorized Officer shall pass an order in terms of agreement under sub-section (1) for acquisition, and the substance of the order shall be notified in the Gazette. On such publication of notification, the title, ownership and all interests of the land owner who enters into agreements, shall vest with the State, free from all encumbrances.
(3) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Registration Act, 1908 (Act l6 of 1908), no agreement entered under sub-section (1) shall be liable to registration under that Act.
(4) If any family, other than the family of the land owner who entered into an agreement, is affected by the acquisition of land under this section, the State Government shall pay a lumpsum amount towards rehabilitation and resettlement, if any, as prescribed in the rules framed hereunder:
Provided that no agreement or the lumpsum amount towards rehabilitation and resettlement as may be prescribed, shall be abnormally at variance to the disadvantage of the land owners.]
[Vide Andhra Pradesh Act 22 of 2018, sec. 6 (w.e.f. 1-1-2014).]
Title: Rehabilitation and Resettlement Award for affected families by Collector.
(1) The Collector shall pass Rehabilitation and Resettlement Awards for each affected family in terms of the entitlements provided in the Second Schedule.
(2) The Rehabilitation and Resettlement Award shall include all of the following, namely:---
(a) rehabilitation and resettlement amount payable to the family;
(b) bank account number of the person to which the rehabilitation and resettlement award amount is to be transferred;
(c) particulars of house site and house to be allotted, in case of displaced families;
(d) particulars of land allotted to the displaced families;
(e) particulars of one time subsistence allowance and transportation allowance in case of displaced families;
(f) particulars of payment for cattle shed and petty shops;
(g) particulars of one-time amount to artisans and small traders;
(h) details of mandatory employment to be provided to the members of the affected families;
(i) particulars of any fishing rights that may be involved;
(j) particulars of annuity and other entitlements to be provided;
(k) particulars of special provisions for the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes to be provided:
Provided that in case any of the matters specified under clauses (a) to (k) are not applicable to any affected family the same shall be indicated as "not applicable":
Provided further that the appropriate Government may, by notification increase the rate of rehabilitation and resettlement amount payable to the affected families, taking into account the rise in the price index.
In the Principal Act, after section 31, the following section shall be inserted, namely:--
"31A. Payment of Lump sum amount by State Government:---Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, whenever the land is to be acquired for any projects as notified in section 10A, it shall be competent for the state Government to pay such lumpsum about as may be prescribed in the rules in lieu of Rehabilitation."
Provided that the payment of such lumpsum amount in lieu of Rehabilitation and Resettlement as may be prescribed, shall not be abnormally at variance to the disadvantage of the affected families.”
[Vide Andhra Pradesh Act 22 of 2018, sec. 7 (w.e.f. 1-1-2014).]
After section 31 of the principal Act, the following section shall be inserted, namely:---
"31A. Payment of lump sum amount by State Government for its linear nature projects.-- Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, it shall be competent for the State Government to pay, whenever the land is to be acquired for its own use amounting to less than one hundred acres or whenever the land is to be acquired in case of projects which are linear in nature as referred to the proviso to sub-section (4) of section 10, as Rehabilitation and Resettlement cost, such lump sum amount equal to fifty per cent. of the amount of compensation as determined under section 27 to the affected families."
[Vide Maharashtra Act 37 of 2018, sec. 6 (26-4-2018).]
Title: Provision of infrastructural amenities in resettlement area.
In every resettlement area as defined under this Act, the Collector shall ensure the provision of all infrastructural facilities and basic minimum amenities specified in the Third Schedule.