Section 14 in The Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013
Title: Lapse of Social Impact Assessment report.
Where a preliminary notification under section 11 is not issued within twelve months from the date of appraisal of the Social Impact Assessment report submitted by the Expert Group under section 7, then, such report shall be deemed to have lapsed and a fresh Social Impact Assessment shall be required to be undertaken prior to acquisition proceedings under section 11:
Provided that the appropriate Government, shall have the power to extend the period of twelve months, if in its opinion circumstances exist justifying the same:
Provided further that any such decision to extend the period shall be recorded in writing and the same shall be notified and be uploaded on the website of the authority concerned.
Title: Hearing of objections.
(1) Any person interested in any land which has been notified under sub-section (1) of section 11, as being required or likely to be required for a public purpose, may within sixty days from the date of the publication of the preliminary notification, object to—
(a) the area and suitability of land proposed to be acquired;
(b) justification offered for public purpose;
(c) the findings of the Social Impact Assessment report.
(2) Every objection under sub-section (1) shall be made to the Collector in writing, and the Collector shall give the objector an opportunity of being heard in person or by any person authorised by him in this behalf or by an Advocate and shall, after hearing all such objections and after making such further inquiry, if any, as he thinks necessary, either make a report in respect of the land which has been notified under sub-section (1) of section 11, or make different reports in respect of different parcels of such land, to the appropriate Government, containing his recommendations on the objections, together with the record of the proceedings held by him along with a separate report giving therein the approximate cost of land acquisition, particulars as to the number of affected families likely to be resettled, for the decision of that Government.
(3) The decision of the appropriate Government on the objections made under sub-section (2) shall be final.
Title: Preparation of Rehabilitation and Resettlement Scheme by the Administrator.
(1) Upon the publication of the preliminary notification under sub-section (1) of section 11 by the Collector, the Administrator for Rehabilitation and Resettlement shall conduct a survey and undertake a census of the affected families, in such manner and within such time as may be prescribed, which shall include—
(a) particulars of lands and immovable properties being acquired of each affected family;
(b) livelihoods lost in respect of land losers and landless whose livelihoods are primarily dependent on the lands being acquired;
(c) a list of public utilities and Government buildings which are affected or likely to be affected, where resettlement of affected families is involved;
(d) details of the amenities and infrastructural facilities which are affected or likely to be affected, where resettlement of affected families is involved; and
(e) details of any common property resources being acquired.
(2) The Administrator shall, based on the survey and census under sub-section (1), prepare a draft Rehabilitation and Resettlement Scheme, as prescribed which shall include particulars of the rehabilitation and resettlement entitlements of each land owner and landless whose livelihoods are primarily dependent on the lands being acquired and where resettlement of affected families is involved—
(i) a list of Government buildings to be provided in the Resettlement Area;
(ii) details of the public amenities and infrastructural facilities which are to be provided in the Resettlement Area.
(3) The draft Rehabilitation and Resettlement scheme referred to in sub-section (2) shall include time limit for implementing Rehabilitation and Resettlement Scheme.
(4) The draft Rehabilitation and Resettlement scheme referred to in sub-section (2) shall be made known locally by wide publicity in the affected area and discussed in the concerned Gram Sabhas or Municipalities.
(5) A public hearing shall be conducted in such manner as may be prescribed, after giving adequate publicity about the date, time and venue for the public hearing at the affected area:
Provided that in case where an affected area involves more than one Gram Panchayat or Municipality, public hearings shall be conducted in every Gram Sabha and Municipality where more than twenty-five per cent. of land belonging to that Gram Sabha or Municipality is being acquired:
Provided further that the consultation with the Gram Sabha in Scheduled Areas shall be in accordance with the provisions of the Provisions of the Panchayats (Extension to the Scheduled Areas) Act, 1996 (40 of 1996).
(6) The Administrator shall, on completion of public hearing submit the draft Scheme for Rehabilitation and Resettlement along with a specific report on the claims and objections raised in the public hearing to the Collector.
Title: Review of the Rehabilitation and Resettlement Scheme.
(1) The Collector shall review the draft Scheme submitted under sub-section (6) of section 16 by the Administrator with the Rehabilitation and Resettlement Committee at the project level constituted under section 45.
(2) The Collector shall submit the draft Rehabilitation and Resettlement Scheme with his suggestions to the Commissioner Rehabilitation and Resettlement for approval of the Scheme.
Title: Approved Rehabilitation and Resettlement Scheme to be made public.
The Commissioner shall cause the approved Rehabilitation and Resettlement Scheme to be made available in the local language to the Panchayat, Municipality or Municipal Corporation, as the case may be, and the offices of the District Collector, the Sub-Divisional Magistrate and the Tehsil, and shall be published in the affected areas, in such manner as may be prescribed, and uploaded on the website of the appropriate Government.