Section 45 in The Rajiv Gandhi National Aviation University Act, 2013
Title: Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations to be published in the Official Gazette and to be laid before Parliament.
(1) Every Statute, Ordinance or Regulation made under this Act shall be published in the Official Gazette and hosted on the website of the University.
(2) Every Statute, Ordinance or Regulation made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the Statute, Ordinance or Regulation or both Houses agree that the Statute, Ordinance or Regulation should not be made, the Statute, Ordinance or Regulation shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that Statute, Ordinance or Regulation.
(3) The power to make Statutes, Ordinances or Regulations shall include the power to give retrospective effect from a date not earlier than the date of commencement of this Act, to the Statutes, Ordinances or Regulations or any of them but no retrospective effect shall be given to any Statute, Ordinance or Regulation so as to prejudicially affect the interests of any person to whom such Statute, Ordinance or Regulation may be applicable.
Title: Transitional provisions.
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act and the Statutes,—
(a) the first Chancellor and the first Vice-Chancellor shall be appointed by the Visitor in such manner and on such conditions as may be deemed fit and each of the said officers shall hold office for such term, not exceeding five years, as may be specified by the Visitor;
(b) the first Registrar and the first Finance Officer shall be appointed by the Visitor on the recommendation of the Vice-Chancellor and each of the said officers shall hold office for a term of three years;
(c) the first Court and the first Executive Council shall consist of not more than ten members and ten members, respectively, who shall be nominated by the Visitor and shall hold office for a term of three years;
(d) the first Academic Council shall consist of not more members than Executive Council and they shall hold office for a term of three years:
Provided that any vacancy occurs in the above offices or authorities, the same shall be filled by appointment or nomination, as the case may be, by the Visitor, and the person so appointed or nominated shall hold office for so long as the officer or member in whose place he is appointed or nominated would have held that office, if such vacancy have not occurred.
Title: Completion of courses of studies in Colleges or Institutions affiliated to University.
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, or in the Statutes or the Ordinances, any student of a College or an Institution, who, immediately before the admission of such College or Institution to the privileges of the University, was studying for a degree, diploma or certificate of any University constituted under any Act, shall be permitted by the University, to complete his course for that degree, diploma or certificate, as the case may be, and the University shall provide for the instructions and examination of such student in accordance with the syllabus of studies of such College or Institution or University, as the case may be.
Title: Role of Central Government.
(1) The University shall, in discharge of its functions under this Act, be bound by such directions on questions of policy as the Central Government may give in writing to it from time to time.
(2) The decision of the Central Government as to whether a question is one of policy or not shall be final.
Title: Short title, extent and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013.
(2) It extends to the whole of India.
(3) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
1. 9th December, 2013, vide notification No. S.O. 3606(E), dated 9th December, 2013, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).